Cetic suffer Heart failure

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
jimbob

Cetic suffer Heart failure

Postby jimbob » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:36 pm

[URL="http://www.celticsupporterassoc.co.uk/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=26"][/URL:1e18e756]

Celtic 1 v Hearts 1

Gordon Strachan said after this result that he would prefer not to list all the things we failed to achieve in the first half because it would take too long. "It was a poor half for us," he said. "The worst performance for a long, long time." He said that he did not want to use the Champions League game as an excuse. "We were poor, I'll leave it at that," he added.

He was right. In the first 45 minutes his team's passing was woeful and we created nothing. I have never been one to boo the team when we are playing poorly, But I came very close, and can understand the fans frustration. Here we where, with the chance to open up the gap over the Huns to 6 points, But the players for whatever reason weren’t up for it.

The second half was marginally better but not much, I think only Paul Hartley had pass marks on the day, Boruc had another shaky performance but he did have one great save from Driver when he dived to his left and pushed his shot away for a corner.
We were so bad that had they got that second goal I don’t think we would have came back from it.

The Hearts goal did look offside, it has to be said. Laryea Kingston’s miscued shot caught out the very shaky Celtic defence, and Driver sprang onto it, but offside or not, he had all the room in the world to flick the ball past Boruc.

Driver was causing all sots of problems, and Hinkel, who has been excellent in recent weeks, could not get near him.

Celtic eventually got an equaliser when McManus was in the right place in the 78th minute when Samaras, headed back Nakamura's cross for the big man to head home from close range. The draw was about as much as we deserved in this game, but the Ref was shocking, and how Kingston stayed on the park is beyond me. Adding on a mere three minutes injury time was a joke, although I don’t think I could have watched much more.

To add further bad news, the injury to Shaun Maloney looks serious enough that he might be out for some time. With two away games coming up we really must get our act together, or come the New Year we could find it very tight.

[B:1e18e756]CELTIC:[/B:1e18e756] Boruc 7, Hinkel 5, Caldwell 7, McManus 6, Wilson 6 (Naylor 65min), Nakamura 6, Brown 6, Hartley 6, McGeady 6, McDonald 5, Maloney 5 (Samaras 30min, 6)

[B:1e18e756]HEARTS:[/B:1e18e756] Balogh 6, Neilson 7, Zaliukas 7, Berra 7, Jonsson 7, Kingston 7 (Obua 60min, 6), Palazuelos 6, Karapidis 6, Driver 8, Aguiar 7 (Cesnauskis 64min), Nade 6 (Mole 90min) 26

Website man of the match: Paul Hartley

Return to “CSA News”