Celtic still 4 points clear

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
jimbob

Celtic still 4 points clear

Postby jimbob » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:53 pm

[URL="http://www.celticsupporterassoc.co.uk/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=18"] [/URL:ea33e121]

At the start of the game Gordon Strachan sprang a surprise by naming Nakamura and Samaras on the bench as Loovens and Sheridan came in. That meant a midfield role for Gary Caldwell while Mark Wilson returned to fitness to replace the injured Barry Robson at left-back.

Celtic, in general were off colour as they failed to find their attacking flow, but we never looked in trouble. It was a very low key game. Celtic created a couple of chances; Paul Hartley saw his long-range effort deflected wide, and a Mark Wilson's cross flashed across the six-yard box but had no takers . Jones then slid in on Maloney inside the penalty area to stop the Celtic winger finishing off a good run. This was a poor first half.

The second half began in similarly low-key fashion. Maloney shot two yards over from the long range after a good break by Wilson. The game was played at a snails pace, and it was going to take a mistake by someone for a goal.

Up steps Arthur Boruc, Rankin’s ambitious strike from 45yards dipped and somehow bounced underneath his grasp and into the net, [COLOR=black:ea33e121]what a shocker! [/COLOR:ea33e121][COLOR=black:ea33e121]Not for the first time has he dropped us in it this year.

[/COLOR:ea33e121]Celtic raised the tempo but Colin Nish sealed Hibernian's victory following a slick break in the 69th minute. This was a very poor performance by Celtic, and the fans went home scratching their heads and wondering why we played so bad. We gave the ball away far too many times and put ourselves under pressure.

Well let’s put it down to a bad day at the office. But Boruc all to often has let us down this season, he now has to get his head down and work hard and get back to the form we all know he is capable of. And, after all we are still 4 points clear.

pogues1888

Re: Celtic still 4 points clear

Postby pogues1888 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:19 pm

i'm not too surprised at saturdays result, we'v been dead lucky in a number of the games since the hun humping ( aye, it was !) and that has masked over the fact that we have at the minute a distinctly average celtic team.

for proof of this just examine our champions league group table!

i do like much about wgs, but two things 1 his signings and 2 baffling team selection/ substitutions... having written that, i guess i just like him as a bloke then!?

why is it that we repeatedly send a team out onto the park that looks like its aim is to negate the other teams tactics/line up?

lets have it right here, we'r CELTIC... aside of the huns, the rest are average to mediocre, surely in the spl WE put out OUR side and the rest have to cope with it?

so, caldwell, an average centre back with limited mobility and a penchant for passing, stylishly, to the opposition... playing in midfield!!!

i could go on but i'm getting depressed... why dont we appear to have the resolve/ ambition to send a team out that frightens the hell out of the opposition, a team with flair and the very definite intent to take a team apart... let the team play for gods sake.

we have, as i said, a limited team, but thats no reason to keep the flair players on the bench. i know that there are mixed feeling about naka, but for me there is no other player with his vision for a wee pass inside the full back, and he does get up and down the pitch too.

crosas, aiden, naka, mizuno, maloney, caddis, robson...these are the players that get about the pitch and excite the fans but .....on saturday, as with too many other games, was a team selection that gave the opposition few worries, wgs must start to believe in the flair players... i know that there are many tims who'd be much happier winning 5-2 than 1-0 every week. we need the excitement and buzz back, but team selection often just gives us, or is it just me, a pretty dull feeling.

john d

Return to “CSA News”