Same Old Story, Same Old Despair

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
jimbob

Same Old Story, Same Old Despair

Postby jimbob » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:14 am

[URL="http://www.celticsupporterassoc.co.uk/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=15"][/URL:525ddb46]Same old story again as we crashed out of Europe and our miserable away record in the Champions League continues. We needed a victory in Denmark to have any chance of progressing, and it looked on after Barry Robson headed us into a precious lead early in the second half, heading the ball into the bottom corner of the net, after Mark Wilson's inviting cross. But we seemed to panic and backed off Caca, allowing him to have speculative long-range effort, which struck Stephen McManus and flew over the stranded Boruc.

The hardest part, sitting watching this from my chair, was that you could see it coming. With just three minutes remaining, a comedy of errors in the Celtic defence ended with Gary Caldwell putting through his own net, leaving Aalborg in the Uefa Cup and us in despair.

So where do we go from here? And who`s to blame? I don’t blame Strachan; I thought he choose the right players that he had available. I think the Board, primarily, have to have a look at themselves and say, “Could we have helped strengthened the team in the transfer window in the summer?” I think so, the funds where certainly there and we were linked with enough players who just might have made the difference. Well no point crying over spilt milk. We must now go on and tie up the league for 4 in a Row.

The board must spend money on a couple of quality players, we all know we need a right-back and I think this result has proven we need a quality striker too. And, if we win the ‘Treble’ it might just be enough to satisfy the greatest fans in the world.

williemarwick

Re: Same Old Story, Same Old Despair

Postby williemarwick » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:53 am

I agree the board seem more content to try and have no debt as to investing in the team.We desperatly need another top class forward and defender (centre back,left back,take your pick) and a quality holding midfielder who can take control and pass a ball and vary pace of a match although Crosas maybe the man for that once fit.We have supposedly earnt about 12m from the UCL so it is about time that GS got that money to spend on boistering the squad not only to make sure we make it 4inarow but also to ensure that we at least make the UCL last 16 next year

max

Re: Same Old Story, Same Old Despair

Postby max » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm

I think we all want to see more money spent, and I was really expecting a last minute 'WOW' signing right up untill the last minute in the summer window.
I think we'll see some money spent next month, but I think we have to be realistic, I mean just how much money would it take for us to be real challangers in the CL?
We'll spend enough to win the SPL 4 seasons in a row, and win it well, next summers window will take care of itself.
The serious business of finance and balancing the books comes in April and I think when we see what's happening round about us, while we sit reasonably secure, we may look at the board in a different light, with Celtic having a realistic opportunity to leave rearrangers coughing in our dust.

Return to “CSA News”