We are in the hat, 100% backing required to succeed.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

We are in the hat, 100% backing required to succeed.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:53 pm

The most important aspect of a cup tie, is to make sure you win, and are in the draw for the next round, so that’s exactly what we achieved yesterday afternoon in Paisley, there were some moans and groans around me, but as I said to my mates, I’ll take that every week until the end of the season, that would ensure we won the double. It maybe wasn’t the greatest display ever, but I thought it was decent, a couple of scary moments, but we succeeded, and with a clean sheet as well. I suppose the biggest shock of the weekend was, we got a home draw versus Livingston, and Sevco are away to Hibs, I think someone might get their knuckles wrapped for that.

We are without two of our most influential players at the moment, in Cameron Carter-Vickers and Reo Hatate, in fact we have been without Reo for most of the season, and CCV for a considerable part of the season, Ali Johnston has been out, as has Greg Taylor, and not forgetting Kyogo, and of course the Bhoy’s away at the Asian Cup. Yesterday was probably the strongest bench we have seen for a long time, which was always important for us, we could put on quality when we had an injury or need to make a tactical change.

One thing I certainly need to improve on, is our passing out from the back, at times our two central defenders are on the ball more often than Callum McGregor. Kyogo is making runs in behind the defence, but we aren’t plying him in, because we are not brave enough, we are scared of making the pass in case we lose possession, Liam Scales has a decent left peg on him, so should be playing more passes through the defence, or over the defence. Playing the ball square, not only frustrated the front runners, but it also frustrates the supporters watching on. So, using the pace in our team should be normal, we cannot continue to allow team to back off into a deep defensive position.

I thought the support yesterday and on Wednesday night at Easter Road for the most part was good, we can only succeed if we are united in our support, the team needs our 100% backing, no side shows, I have no love of the Royal Family, but I’m not going to waste my energy declaring that at a Celtic match. I know some supporters are frustrated, and think the Board should be doing more, but I know the major members, and I can assure you, every one of them wants what is best for Celtic Football Club. We are getting our players back, let’s get right behind the team, and let’s clinch three in a row, and victory in the Scottish Cup.
Glasgow’s still Green & White.

Return to “CSA News”