It was a nervy last twenty minutes. We must stay united for the team.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

It was a nervy last twenty minutes. We must stay united for the team.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:28 pm

Saturday afternoon was a hard watch, we should certainly have won the match more comfortably, but the last twenty minutes or so was nervous, we knew they would look to get opportunities to get the ball into our box looking for their giant forward Jordan White, and they had a couple of chances, but thankfully we secured the three points. With all due respect to Ross County, we should have enough quality in our team to win games like that by at least three clear goals, obviously Luis Palma missing a penalty didn’t help our cause, I don’t think Luis will be taking any more soon.

There has been a lot of talk of the playing surface not being up to its generally high standards, it looked patchy to say the least, and that’s a pitch that we spent over £1m laying down over a two year period. I know there has been a lot of rain recently, but the playing surface at Celtic Park should always be of an exceedingly high standard.

There has also been a lot of talk on the lack of quality signings in this transfer window, I don’t profess to know the situation, or any of the bids we may have made for new players, but I think we need a couple of players in, certainly in the short term, probably compounded by the injury to Greg Taylor, and with Oh being away at the Asian Cup. There is still time to get some business done, but it has to the right type of player, with the required quality, not just a signing for the sake of it.

It is paramount that we win the League this season, and indeed as a Celtic Supporter, every season. We had a bad patch, then seemed to have played our way out of it, so hopefully Saturday was a blip. We now have three difficult away matches on the trot, away to Aberdeen on Saturday, then Easter Road on Wednesday night, then away to Paisley in the Scottish Cup. Now is the time for the players to show they are worthy of the Celtic Jersey, and it’s also the time for us Supporters to unite behind the team, I understand supporters get frustrated, but our best chance of success is to be united behind the team, driving them on to victory.
Glasgow’s still Green & White.

Return to “CSA News”