Great victory on Saturday. Sevco play the victim card again.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Great victory on Saturday. Sevco play the victim card again.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:45 pm

It came as no surprise to hear the Victims from Govan moaning after another defeat from the Famous Glasgow Celtic. They may be a new team just over a decade in existence, but they have kept the attitude from the Oldco, in that, they cannot be beaten fairly by Celtic, and make no mistake, the score might have been close, but Celtic absolutely smashed them on Saturday afternoon.

A team who hasn’t conceded a penalty in the League in seventy three matches, complaining that they were not awarded a penalty for a hand ball, even though the television footage clearly shows a Sevco player in an offside position, what makes these people tick? That was a rhetorical question, we all know what makes them tick. If they manage to avoid a penalty award against them today versus Kilmarnock, it will be world record by a team in any country using VAR, Crawford Allan will get a medal the size of a frying pan, for making sure of that record.

Saturday was a comfortable victory for Celtic, it only became slightly uncomfortable when they went down to ten men, when Balogun received his red card. He then despicably decided to aim a spit at some Celtic supporters at the side of the tunnel, he’s not the first player connected with Sevco to do that, let’s see what punishment is deemed appropriate by the beaks at Hampden, that’s if there is a punishment, but with the video evidence available, it would be hard to see him escaping a ban.

Just for the record, the reason for the victory for Celtic on Saturday was quite simple, we have better players, and a better manager, in fact, our whole Football Club is miles ahead of them in every department. I thought our magnificent Captain had a fantastic game, Callum completely dominated the midfield, ably abetted by Matt O’Riley and Paolo Bernardo, it was no contest. We also scored two brilliant goals and should have scored more. It was a performance that everyone associated with the Club can be proud of.

A Famous and Brave Man once said, and I’ll paraphrase, everyone has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small, no one is too old or too young to do something. I’m not comparing a football match to what Bobby was talking about, I’m just emphasising, that if we want to succeed, we all need to do our bit, I believe that happened on Saturday, from the Board of Directors, through all the staff, the Manager and Players, and all our Supporters, Saturday was a collective effort, and we succeeded, let’s do the same for the rest of the season, starting this afternoon in Paisley.

Glasgow’s still Green & White. Hoopy New Year to you all.

Return to “CSA News”