Back to business on Saturday afternoon. CSA Annual Memorial Mass on Saturday, all welcome.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Back to business on Saturday afternoon. CSA Annual Memorial Mass on Saturday, all welcome.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:24 pm

I’ve said this before, I don’t like International breaks, as they’re known, I believe it’s only a break for teams who don’t have players who are regularly capped by their country, teams like Celtic have most of their first team squad away on International duty. So, as we prepare to face Motherwell on Saturday, they will have had a break, while we won’t. I think having breaks for International Football matches at different times during the season puts a big strain on both the Club and the players. It won’t be long until the Asian Cup is upon us, and we could possibly lose five players for over a month, it must make a manager think about bringing in players from Japan/Korea etc. I suppose the upside is, better to have a team full of International class players, than a team full of nobodies.

I honestly thought Stevie Clarke would have given Callum McGregor the chance to put his feet up at their training camp, and during the matches with Georgia and Norway. Callum has played a lot of football already this season, and although I think he would have wanted to play, I believe for the players own good, he should have been given a rest, for the sake of his cap tally, he could have been used as a late substitute. Greg Taylor has played a lot as well, but with Andy Robertson out, I suppose it was a good opportunity to give Greg more International Football experience. All we can hope for is, that all our players return to Lennoxtown uninjured, and in good spirits, which the Scottish players will certainly be in, after confirming their qualification for the Euro’s in Germany next summer.

We have our Celtic Supporters Association Annual Memorial Mass this Saturday in St Michael’s RC Church on the Gallowgate behind Celtic Park at 12.30pm prior to our match with Motherwell. It’s always important to remember our Forefathers, who have passed on to that other paradise in the Sky, without their love of our Great Club, and their education of the new generations of Celtic Supporters, we wouldn’t be enjoying the Long, Proud, Successful, Unbroken History of the Famous Glasgow Celtic. We will remember this year, Tom Boyd snr, Michael Kearns, Port Glasgow, Jim Nelson & Michael Beaton, Easterhouse, Paul O’Kane, Kilrea, Ireland, and Mark Liam Campbell, Muirhead. We will also remember all our former Players and Staff, and the many thousands of Celtic supporters, especially those who have died during the last year.
Requiescat in aeternum pace.

Glasgow’s still Green & White.

Return to “CSA News”