Great victory against Aberdeen. Crawford Allan should be asked about Penalty awards.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Great victory against Aberdeen. Crawford Allan should be asked about Penalty awards.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:08 pm

Well, I must admit I wasn’t expecting to batter Aberdeen yesterday, I was expecting a victory, but 6-0 was a massive win, especially with so many important players missing. I’m a big fan of Barry Robson, and I wish him well, except when he’s up against the Famous Glasgow Celtic, that score yesterday must have hurt him badly, so I hope Aberdeen don’t panic and decide on his future based on yesterday’s scoreline.

It was a great team display yesterday, every player played his part in the victory, there were no failures on the pitch, the one negative I suppose was the head injury to Kyogo, I think Rubezic was quite lucky to only receive a yellow card, but we all know Willie Collum, so there was no chance of a red card. Collum also missed the Celtic penalty in real time, it tells you everything about the standard of match officials when VAR is constantly in use, I think the officials should be embarrassed about some of the decisions they miss.

Talking about match official’s, Sevco received another two penalties yesterday at Livingston, the first one was never a penalty, but known Sevconian Steven McLean, never let that get in the way of helping his favourite team. That’s five penalties in their last three League games, six in their last four domestic games, surely question’s must be asked of Head of Referees, Crawford Allan, Sevco have now went 67 League games without conceding a penalty, I think Tavernier has missed more than we’ve been awarded. I know for a fact that Michael Nicholson continues to ask questions of the SFA/SPL with regards to match officials, but I don’t think he gets any support from other clubs. I believe we should be demanding the referees are mic’d up to explain their decisions to the most important people in football, the paying supporters.

Wednesday night was extremely disappointing for us Celtic Supporters, we certainly weren’t helped by the red card to Daizen, but we should still have defended better, and we should not concede six goals to any team, even one of the standards of Atletico Madrid. We certainly need to strengthen the squad in January, if we can identify the right players who will give us that extra 10% of quality, then we shouldn’t be far away. Let’s not forget, the most important trophy to win this season is the League Trophy, that gives us the opportunity to finance bringing in players of Champions league quality, and that costs a lot of money.

Hopefully with the wee break for the International matches we can give some players a bit of a rest, some players, like Callum for instance, have played a lot of games, it was great to see Matt O’Riley back to his best against Aberdeen, and although I thought Luis Palma had a good game, and stuck the penalty away brilliantly, I thought Big Matt was deserving of the Man of the match award, his pass through to Oh for the sixth goal was sensational, but that doesn’t matter anyway, the three points are what matter most in our run to three in a row. I should also mention Cameron Carter-Vickers was also immense yesterday, Aberdeen didn’t threaten us much, but some of that was certainly down to Big CCV and Liam Scales.
Glasgow’s still Green and White.

Return to “CSA News”