Good journey up the A9, and another good three points for the Famous Glasgow Celtic.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Good journey up the A9, and another good three points for the Famous Glasgow Celtic.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:25 pm

Saturday was a long day, but a worthwhile one. Caught the bus at 7.15am in the Port Town, arrived in Dingwall at 11am, left Dingwall around 3pm, and was back in the Port Town at 6.45pm, it was also one of the best journey’s up and down the A9, maybe because we were going up early, or maybe because a lot of people didn’t know the road works were cancelled for the weekend, whichever it was, it was a big bonus for us Celtic Supporters going to the game.

The game itself was a good display, I must confess I was slightly concerned with the changes, especially leaving out at least three of our best players this season, in Kyogo, Matt O’Riley, and Alistair Johnston, added to that we had five players who hadn’t played a massive amount of football this season. Once again David Turnbull took his opportunity to state his case for a regular start, especially in the absence of Reo Hatate, and Luis Palma has some right peg on him, and what about Jamsie Forrest, scoring in fifteen consecutive seasons is a brilliant achievement, James has been a brilliant player for Celtic all through his career, and he still has more to offer.

I’m a big fan of ex-Celt Malky MacKay, he’s knows where he is in terms of Ross County’s position in the SPL, his job primarily is to keep them in the division, and hopefully get a decent run in both cups, the target is still the same. Big Malky’s job became almost impossible when James Brown was red carded in under ten minutes, and having seen the pictures and video replay’s, why did referee David Munro think it was only a yellow card? I think we all know the answer to that, I remember the penalty he gave against Matt O’Riley, the guy is a “Blatant Cheat” but the Biggest Cheat of them all, is the Head of Referees, Crawford Allan. The best time to complain is when you win, so Celtic should be onto Mr Allan first thing this morning, asking for explanations about two disallowed goals, about at least a couple of penalty challenges on Celtic players, and about the general performance of David Munro.

I think Saturday showed us that Oh Hyeon-Gyu (Oh) can play his part in the team, whether that’s as the main striker on his own, or whether in a partnership with Kyogo, it also showed us that Yang can cause defences problems with his trickery, I am always going on about needing a Jota or Paddy Roberts to beat a packed defence (the reason I don’t mention Jimmy Johnstone, is because there will never be another Jinky) I think Yang does it with ball trickery, whereas Daizen and Luis do it with sheer pace. We are in a good place right now, we are still undefeated in the League, and have played all the so-called tough away games in the first quarter of the season, so we should have nothing to fear in the second quarter.

Tuesday night will be a completely different game altogether, we are playing away to one of the real top teams in European Football. We played very well against Atletico at Celtic Park, and deserved the point, and it could have been all three, but for us, progress in the Champions League must be the realistic target. We start off the campaign as fourth seeds in the group, which obviously means the other three teams are rated higher than us by UEFA. Our immediate target has to be to get back to the days when Celtic Park was a fortress, when we were regularly beating the cream of European Football, like Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Manchester United, but getting back to that level takes time and money, so we need to aim to progress every year, but to do that we need to win the League in Scotland every year, so for me that needs to be the priority.
Glasgow’s still Green & White.

Return to “CSA News”