Very frustating. Keep the Faith.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Very frustating. Keep the Faith.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:50 am

Saturday was a very frustrating day for us Celtic Supporters, when you look at the fixture at the start of the season, St Johnstone home and away would be a banker maximum points for Celtic, if we were going to drop points it would be at the usual venues, Snake Mountain, Aberdeen, and at both clubs in Edinburgh, so dropping two points at home to the Saints came as a shock.

We can’t make excuses for the result, we had 75% possession, and nineteen corners, none of which we really threatened at. Matt O’Riley had a few chances which he failed to take, but Kyogo seemed to suffer from a lack of service and support. But for me the referee also played his part in letting their players continually waste time. I must confess, in almost seventy years following Celtic, I’ve never saw a goalkeeper going down with cramp, twice !! The EPL are showing the way, in the first week of their season three players were yellow carded in the first half, that’s the only way to stop time wasting.

It’s certainly been a disappointing start to the season, we are not at the standard of last season yet, but some supporters need to calm down and “Keep the Faith” we have lost three stalwarts from the team, CCV to injury, Jota to Saudi Arabia, and Carl Starfelt left for Spain because his love life was more important than his football career. I firmly believe we will strengthen the squad in the next few days, we are lacking a bit of muscle and energy in the team, where are all the Bobo Balde’s?

We won’t have any supporters at Snake Mountain on Sunday, and I back the stance taken by the club 100%. It’s time that the Safety Advisory Group, and the other stakeholders took control of this situation, you can’t continue to allow visiting supporters to be showered with bottles and other missiles from the cretins, and not just Celtic Supporters, it’s all visiting supporters. So it’s way past time that the SAG stepped in.

Return to “CSA News”