Has Brendan heard us calling in the night? More drivel from Maxwell !!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Has Brendan heard us calling in the night? More drivel from Maxwell !!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:51 am

“I have heard you calling in the night” is it going to be Brendan Rodgers as our new Manager? Well I personally certainly hope so. Brendan is an elite manager, he has a proven track record with Celtic, winning seven trophies in a row is some record. But one thing I certainly know is this, none of the Scottish Media Hacks know who will be our next Manager. Some teams, and one in particular in Govan like to mouth a lot about what they’re going to do, Glasgow Celtic Do It, then talk about it.

The people in charge of identifying and appointing the new manager are all Celtic Men, it’s more than a job to Peter Lawwell, Michael Nicholson, and Chris Mc Kay, I know the three of them very well, and trust them 100% to make the right decision. Of course the main man is Dermot Desmond, and not too many people get close to Dermot, but again he’s a Celtic Man, he’s not in it to make money, he’s already done that, he’s in it to see Celtic being successful and dominating Scottish Football, and hopefully progressing in European Football.

One thing I would certainly look for in a new manager would be a commitment to the Club, we all know what happened previously with Brendan and Leicester City, although I believe Celtic received substantial compensation, I’d want more than that. A one year rolling contract protects both parties, but we’re not talking about a rookie manager, it’s not a project if it’s Brendan. So I’d be looking for a minimum three year deal, I’d also be looking at agreed minimum budgets for each season, and progress each season, a winning Celtic Team pays for itself, we know that, 17 trophies out of 21 in the last 7 seasons is brilliant in any level of football.

Another topic in the last week was Ian Maxwell actually coming out of his comfy chair and saying something. Mr Maxwell is hinting that match officials could be mic’d up next season, is he suggesting that when John Beaton, Steven McLean et al are cheating us, they are going to tell us how they’re doing it? I’d be in favour of the communication between the official and the supporters, but I’m more in favour with getting rid of cheats like Beaton and Mc Lean, and their boss Crawford Allan, let’s try to get some “Honesty and Integrity” into match officials first, we don’t need a microphone for that. I wonder if Maxwell and Allan are interested in knowing why the only football team in Europe not to concede a penalty in the league last season plies their trade in the SPL, Sevco have been intimidating the rest of Scottish Football in the short pathetic existence, after all, St Johnstone have won more trophies than Sevco in the last ten years.

Return to “CSA News”