In a Cup Final, winning is all that matters. Will it be Ange or Brendan next season?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

In a Cup Final, winning is all that matters. Will it be Ange or Brendan next season?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:15 pm

The only thing that is important in any Cup Final is that you win, so it was mission accomplished on Saturday evening in Glasgow’s dump of a national stadium for the Famous Glasgow Celtic. Another record secured in the process, not even the great Real Madrid, Barcelona, or Bayern Munich have won as many domestic trebles as Celtic. There is no finer sight on a sunny Cup Final Day than seeing a sea of Green & White around Hampden Park, especially when our players are doing a lap of honour with the final trophy to complete the Treble.

It certainly wasn’t our best display of the season, but we knew that Inverness would try to frustrate Celtic with a deep defensive line, they would try to deny Celtic space and hope we had an off day, and stop us from scoring for as long as possible. They would also have been hoping that Brother Beaton would have a major influence on the game, and he did his best to frustrate Celtic’s free flowing movement by stopping play as often as possible. He also failed to punish the Inverness goalkeeper Mark Ridgers for blatant timewasting, but as I said already, winning is all that matters.

It’s hard to ignore the Elephant in the Room, what is the decision of Big Ange on the suggestion that he is wanted by Spurs as their next manager? I honestly haven’t got a clue what his thoughts are, but I do know that he has given us an incredible two seasons at Celtic, winning five of the six trophies available to win, and if he does decide to move to London, he will go with the best wishes of the Celtic Support. Ange has said the same about players, if they don’t want to be here, then move on, so I guess it’s the same with him as the manager.

We have lost managers in the past, and we are still here being successful, so we will just have to appoint another manager. I think the name on most supporters lips if Ange goes will be Brendan Rodgers. No supporter was happy when he left for Leicester City in mid-season, but what is undeniable is, Brendan is a Top Manager, he was a serial winner at Celtic Park, winning seven trophies in a row, he knows the Club, and he certainly knows how to win trophies, I can’t think of many better options if the decision has to be made. I also believe Brendan has unfinished work to do at Celtic Football Club.

So that’s us supporters getting a wee rest from the football for a couple of months. Ange’s mantra that “We Never Stop” applies to us supporters as well, we never stop travelling to games to support our team, so I’m going to try to enjoy the wee break. I’ll be hoping that we get a good draw in the Champions League, and that we have a good transfer window, I suppose if Ange does decide to go to Spurs, I sincerely hope he doesn’t take some of our top players with him, that would be a massive blow in itself.

Return to “CSA News”