Disappointing again, but the Big Prize is till there to be won !!!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Disappointing again, but the Big Prize is till there to be won !!!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon May 22, 2023 12:36 pm

Disappointing again on Saturday, but it’s certainly not the first time our performances have dropped off after winning the league Title with games to spare. I suppose it’s natural after a long season to lose a bit of drive and determination, as I said earlier I remember it happening a couple of times before, and with disastrous consequences. I season 2002/3 we played Dundee at Celtic Park, we were 6-0 ahead late in the game, but lost two late goals, and as we know, we lost the title by one goal that season. In season 2000/1 I think we lost our last two league matches. But as long as we complete the “World Record Eighth Treble” we can live with that.

So we now turn our attention to Wednesday night at Easter Road, not a must win game, but we need to get back to winning ways. We also need to prepare well for the Cup Final, we need to be ready to perform. In many ways it’s a free hit for Inverness, no-one will expect them to win, or even get close, so we need to be up for it, and be ready to go. It’s also an opportunity for players who have not had much game time to show the Manager that they deserve more minutes on the pitch. They also have to show the Manager that they are an important player in the squad who can be trusted when called upon.

I’m sure Big Ange will already know where he wants to strengthen the squad for next season, maybe that’s why Dermot Desmond visited Celtic Park last week, to discuss a transfer budget for Ange, it would certainly make sense to do so early, so to get players in early. There will also be a few players moving on as well, that’s just natural at Top Club’s like Celtic. We have a big squad, but I think some players might think if they want to play regularly they will have to move on. There may also be interest in some of our established players, we have seen this already when Josip Yuranovic was sold on, and Ali Johnston was brought in, and much as I like Josip, I think AJ is a step up in quality.

The Cup Final in now less than two weeks away, and I’m still not happy with the kick-off time. It’s not just moving the kick-off to suit BBC, it was the total lack of respect shown to both finalist’s by the lack of consultation, surely the supporters attending should be paramount, but then again, Ian Maxwell has went from a nobody in Scottish Football, to a nobody who actually is supposed to be running Scottish Football. I thought when he was appointed it would have good for football, but it’s certainly a downgrade from Stewart Regan, and that’s certainly something not to be proud of.
Glasgow’s still Green & White … We Never Stop ….

Return to “CSA News”