McLean strikes again. Let's complete the Treble for a World Record.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

McLean strikes again. Let's complete the Treble for a World Record.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon May 15, 2023 12:15 pm

I’d love to say Saturday was a good experience, and a good watch on the telly, but we all know that would not be true, it was as far from a good experience as you could possibly get. But if Sevco are happy with winning one game against us out of six, and having another trophy less season, then I can live with that. We played on Saturday at Snake Mountain without three of our regular back four, and especially without our colossus centre back, Cameron Carter-Vickers. I don’t think we have a like for like central defender at the club to replace him, maybe that is a position Ange might look to strengthen in the summer.

I’m not blaming referee Steven McLean for the defeat, but I certainly don’t understand how the brother of an ex-Rangers player qualifies as impartial, but I suppose in the eyes of Crawford Allan and Ian Maxwell that’s acceptable, we lost three poor goals, and the second one could have been called as a foul, I saw a couple of pictures yesterday that clearly shows Souttar has a good grip of Kobayashi’s jersey, Yuki is young and inexperienced at this level, but CCV isn’t getting shoved around by any player. I have to say all three goals were preventable, but we move on to St Mirren on Saturday.

We have three more league games to play, and we want to win them all, but the most important game left is the Scottish Cup Final versus Inverness Caley Thistle. That should complete a World Record eighth domestic treble, which is a phenomenal achievement when you consider some of the brilliant dominant teams over the years, especially since the sixties, teams like Real Madrid, Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich. It’s also eleven titles in twelve years, since 1965 it’s been a fantastic period to be a Celtic Supporter, we’ve had a few blips when we weren’t playing on a level playing field, but I think we can be happy with what we have achieved, but with more honesty from officials it should have been a lot more.

Our Annual Celtic Rally is being held in the Kerrydale Suite at Celtic Park on May 26th. Our Branches voted for Cameron Carter-Vickers as Player of the Year, and our Guest of Honour is Lisbon Lion Bobby Lennox. We have a brilliant band from Greenock called “The Wild Geese” so it should be a wonderful occasion. My only problem is getting home late to the Port, then being on the go again early on Saturday morning to head to Celtic Park for the title celebrations, not much sleep will be had, but it’s definitely worth it to see all the happy Celtic Supporters, it’s especially great to see the young supporters enjoying the party, some for the first time.
Glasgow’s Green & White …. We Never Stop ……

Return to “CSA News”