We were a bit flat, but still increased our lead. Beaton was just his usual self "Rubbish"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

We were a bit flat, but still increased our lead. Beaton was just his usual self "Rubbish"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:10 pm

It was a disappointing display and result on Saturday, but better that it occurred on Saturday past than this Sunday coming. I suppose it was going to happen sometime, even in our brilliant “Invincible Season” we drew four league matches. We’ve actually came out of the weekend a point better off, which I predicted on Saturday night, so happy days. I don’t have an explanation for Saturday’s display, maybe it was just a bit of tiredness, but having said that, we still had plenty of opportunities to win the match, so I guess it was just one of those days.

I sincerely hope we have Reo, Liel, and Jota back on Sunday, we really miss their creativity in the team, they are three players who bring something different to the team with their own particular skills and ability. Sunday is a big game, it can obviously put us one game away from another “Treble” and I believe we really deserve to achieve that 5th Treble in 7 years. All I look for in these matches is for our players to play to their ability, and for the match officials to play their part honestly and impartially, if that happens I’m confident we will win.

I’m not buying into all the media hype about Motherwell’s display on Saturday, I didn’t think they were any different from all the other teams who have played us at Celtic Park this season. They worked hard for sure, but they were guilty of the dark arts as well, none more so than their goalkeeper Liam Kelly, his timewasting was there for all to see, with the obvious exception of match official John Beaton, who turned his back on Kelly every time he had the ball, I’m getting really pissed off with the timewasting by visiting teams, the supporters who pay good money to watch 90+ minutes of football are getting short changed.

So let’s hope we have a full squad available on Sunday, and let’s turn the dump that is Hampden into a sea of Green & White. There is no finer sight than seeing the Celtic sections in glorious sunshine bedecked in the Green & White of The Famous Glasgow Celtic.

Return to “CSA News”