Good win in Perth. Why were all Celtic's goals checked?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Good win in Perth. Why were all Celtic's goals checked?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:06 pm

Another good three points at Perth yesterday, never an easy place to go and win, they are usually well organised, and make it difficult by working hard to deny us space in behind. I have to say as well that it’s a pleasant stadium to visit, we never get any aggro from the home supporters, and it’s usually a happy hunting ground for points, during the season when you look at the teams you want to see relegated, St Johnstone isn’t one of them, hopefully that continues.

Again another game where VAR played its part in the proceedings, and again it’s hard to understand just how the officials understand and operate the system. I don’t understand how the team with over 70% possession gets double the amount of fouls awarded against them, if Celtic are dominating the ball, how are we conceding so many fouls? It would be interesting to compere if the same happens to the dominating teams in other Leagues in Europe, where the most attacking team gets the most fouls against them, I very much doubt it.

Another example of Dickenson’s officiating yesterday, each Celtic goal was checked by VAR for any excuse to deny the goal, St Johnstone’s goal wasn’t checked by VAR. I don’t know if it showed on the television coverage, but Celtic took a quick throw in the first half and got into a good position, the referee indicated he was getting communication in his ear and pulled it back, the benefit of the quick throw was then lost to us, baffling just doesn’t cover it.

It was a very good all-round display yesterday, there were no failures in the team, and every player is working extremely hard for the team. It took us a little time to get in behind, with Saints dropping into a back six when we were on the ball, but I’m beginning to think Ange doesn’t worry about how long it takes to break their defence down, it’s as if he is just keeping the opposition moving knowing they will tire eventually and we’ll get our chances, long may that continue.

Strange kick-off time next week for the cup match versus St Mirren, I guess it suits our young supporters, they can carry on celebrating late into Saturday night.

Glasgow’s still Green & White. We never Stop.

Return to “CSA News”