We won't fall for the throw the dog a bone trick. Fantastic Morton Support.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

We won't fall for the throw the dog a bone trick. Fantastic Morton Support.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:10 pm

First of all I would like to congratulate the large Morton Support (2,200) for the magnificent backing they gave their team on Saturday afternoon. That’s the biggest away support I’ve seen at Celtic Park for many years, and put to shame some of the so-called big teams in the SPL. It was not just about coming up the M8 in numbers, it was about their nonstop singing and encouragement of their players that impressed, I’m sure if they continue to back their team in the same manner every week, then they’ll be fine.

It was a terrible start for Morton on Saturday, after an encouraging 15 minutes or so, Captain Calamity Kevin Clancy struck again and awarded a penalty to Celtic, it was never a penalty, not one Celtic player or supporter even claimed for one, and in fact the Celtic substitutes seemed to find it extremely amusing that Clancy went to the monitor. Any chance of Morton causing an upset went out the door with that ridiculous decision.

I think we all knew something like this was going to happen after all the furore with Celtic and the operation of VAR. the people in charge would throw us a bone in a couple of games we would be expected to win comfortably, well I don’t think we’ll be falling for that one, will Celtic get a major VAR decision on February 26th in the League Cup Final? You can put your house on it that we won’t, it will probably be the exact opposite.

One thing that certainly needs to happen, clarification on the hand ball rule, we cannot leave the rule up to the interpretation of match officials who fall into one of two categories, either Totally Incompetent, or a Blatant Cheat. There was a statistic doing the rounds last week that stated that Celtic were the team in Europe who had suffered the most through VAR, with either a goal or penalty being incorrectly called in every game.

It starts with the appointment of the match officials by Crawford Allan and his cronies, you can tell they are deliberately appointing officials who cause controversy at every game they officiate at. The League Cup Semi-Finals was a case, we get Willie Collum, and Sevco get Nick Walsh, now my guess is here, and I may be wrong, but it seems to point to the Final being given to John Beaton, if that is the case, then it means Sevco can play with two goalkeepers.

We need to keep calling out the incompetence and cheating. We need to be at the top of our game every week, so that, as Big Jock used to say, be so good that the referee doesn’t matter. I had a conversation with Mick Conroy last night, wouldn’t it have been brilliant if Big Ange had told Aaron Mooy to pass the penalty kick back to the Morton keeper, or just to pass it out to the corner flag, just to let them know, that we know what they’re up to.
Good luck to Josip Juranovic on his move to Union Berlin, great player for Celtic. Once a Celt, always a Celt.

Glasgow’s still Green & White. We Never Stop

Return to “CSA News”