Great victory. how did David Munro achieve Category 1 Referee status?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Great victory. how did David Munro achieve Category 1 Referee status?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:15 pm

Let’s get the good stuff out of the way first. Once again Celtic showed great character to get a well-deserved victory against Ross County on Saturday, although it has to be said, we certainly weren’t at our best, football wise, but true to Ange’s mantra, “We never Stopped” and that perseverance and resilience got us three points, and lets us go into the World Cup break nine points clear of our nearest rival.

Where do you start with the referee on Saturday, David Munro? I say every week it can’t get any worse, and I think this week it could be true, because I just can’t see how any referee could have a worse match than Munro did on Saturday. It begs the question, how did this guy become a category 1, FIFA referee? And it also begs the question, will we hear from Ref’s Chief Crawford Allan? The guy who felt he had to comment from his holiday home because he thought Kyogo might just have been offside. I look forward to his comments today, but I won’t hold my breath, because just like the people he is supposed to manage, He’s a “BLATANT CHEAT” and has been all his career, and there is plenty of evidence to prove that.

Could it be possible that this guy has risen to the top grade without actually knowing the rules of the game? Surely that cannot be possible, if that’s the case, and he does know the rules, then he certainly never applied them correctly or fairly on Saturday, which means he is a “CHEAT” Celtic had, according to the stats 75% of the play, yet had almost 3 times as many fouls against us as County, who had 25% of the play, 14 against us to 5 against County.

There were a couple of really blatant errors, the penalty awarded against Matt Riley was comical, but not funny to the Celtic Support. He let the County keeper place the ball down, then pick it up again when Kyogo went into challenge for it. He also denied us what looked like a decent penalty shout for a two handed shove in the back on Tony Ralston. It just seemed as if every tackle made by a Celtic Player was a foul. The foul statistic’s in the game are astonishing, I don’t remember the great Barcelona team with Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta getting loads of fouls against them, but then again they never had Scottish officials in Spain.

I spoke to Michael Nicholson after the match, and I can assure you he was raging just as much as I was. I’m certainly not buying this teething problems guff either, as Big Ange said, if it’s not ready, then don’t roll it out, if they had waited until this break, they could have had an extra four weeks to practice, because as we all know, there is absolutely “No Chance” of any of those Clowns going to the Word Cup. I’ll tell you what is funny, whoever thought it was a good idea to have “Specsavers” as the referee’s shirt sponsor had a great sense of humour.

Finally, good luck to Cameron Carter-Vickers, Daizen Maeda, Josip Juranovic, and Aaron Mooy, who are going to the World Cup. A wee tip, get your money on Japan to win it, any team that can leave out a player of the calibre of Reo Hatate, must have some team.
We Never Stop …. Glasgow’s Green & White.

Return to “CSA News”