Walsh & Dickinson at it again, phone call coming to SFA

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Walsh & Dickinson at it again, phone call coming to SFA

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:01 pm

Great comeback on Saturday versus Dundee Utd, and once again all the talk after the match was about VAR and its application, I think we all knew this was not going to be an easy transition into Video Assistant Referee, and once again the main culprit in Dodgy Decision Referee, was Nick Walsh, ably abetted by match official David Dickinson, I think he should have stuck to valuing antiques.

The penalty awarded for handball against Alexandro Bernabei to United was scandalous to say the least. I saw that some of the television pundits tried to justify the award, but the more they tried to justify it, the more ridiculous it sounded, Bernie has his back to the ball, and obviously doesn’t have a clue where the ball is. Now if that situation going by the laws of the game is a penalty kick, then the rules need to change. He even got a yellow card for it.

Another scandalous incident was the chest high tackle by Craig Sibbald on Giorgos Giakoumakis. The remarkable outcome of this VAR incident, which was checking for “Serious Foul Play” and a possible Red Card, Dickinson didn’t even give a foul. Now explain this, Dickinson is very close to the incident, and obviously thinks studs into the chest is acceptable, while Walsh is in a studio watching the incident on slow motion from about five angles and thinks that it’s serious enough for a card. The two of these clowns can’t be right.

I’ve said before, and I’m saying it again. There are some referees in Scottish Football who are totally incompetent, and there are some referees in Scottish Football who are “Blatant Cheats” you can probably figure out for yourself which category Walsh and Dickinson fit into, I certainly know where my money is getting placed. Celtic CEO said it the AGM on Friday that he would react in such instances, well I’m guessing Michael has already been on the phone to Crawford Allan this morning, with Big Ange listening in.

The Association had its Annual Memorial Mass on Saturday lunchtime in St Michael’s, Parkhead. Thanks to Fr Liam for once again hosting the occasion. We should always remember those who have gone before us, it is through them that we are Celtic Supporters. We remembered in Particular, Charlie Gallagher, Bertie Auld, John Yogi Hughes, Harry Hood, and Wim Jansen of Celtic Football Club. Also, former CSA Treasurer and Dennistoun No 1 member Andy McMahon, John the Scarf Lennon of Toronto, Billy McPeake of Belvedere, Mick Quinn of Dennistoun, Michael Beaton of Easterhouse Emerald, Hugh Doherty and Bobby Moran of Port Glasgow No 1 Branch. Requiescat in aeternum pace.

Finally, congratulations to Cobh CSC member, and County Cork Bhoy, Martin Ryan for running the New York City Marathon on behalf of McMillan Cancer Support. Brilliant effort Martin, and a lot of money raised for a great Charity.
Glasgow’s Green & White. We Never Stop.

Return to “CSA News”