Good Victory, but why is it all about Collum. Cork Bhoy doing NYC Marathon.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Good Victory, but why is it all about Collum. Cork Bhoy doing NYC Marathon.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:05 pm

Livingston have given us a few problems since they came into the Premier League, what it says on the tin, is exactly what you get, a no nonsense physical type of football that would not be tolerated by the Celtic Support, but for Livi, you have to use the tools you have at your disposal. Livingston shortened the game as much as possible, goal kicks were taking on average about 30 seconds, and there were a few of them, particularly in the first half.

As usual the officials had a part to play, and as usual Willie Collum made sure that he was a main participant during the match. Willie just has to be controversial, and the introduction of VAR gives him a better opportunity to impose himself on the match, and as normal, not in a manner which the Celtic Supporters accept, nor understand. This guy could officiate at a World Cup Final, or a Champions League Final, involving the best players in the world, and he would still make sure he got all the attention.

From a football point of view, it was a good display, and a great three points, we scored three very good goals, which could have been more, and another shutout was very pleasing for Big Joe and our defence, every defence in the League will struggle to control Big Joel Nouble, the big guy is certainly a handful, but I thought Cameron and Big Mercedes handle him well, I thought CCV was very unlucky to get booked, and then had to deal with the big fella for the rest of the match.

I think as a club we need to keep reminding those in charge, that we don’t want any preferential treatment, we just want treated with honesty, fairness, and respect. We know that certain officials appear to have an agenda against Celtic, the introduction of VAR should give a level of protection against that agenda, but in the wrong hands it can increase the amount of dodgy decisions given by officials against Celtic.

The Celtic Supporters Association Annual Memorial Mass for deceased members and friends, and for former players and staff of Celtic Football Club, will be held this year at 12.30pm on Saturday November 5th in St Michaels RC Church, 1350 Gallowgate, Parkhead. A cordial invitation is extended to anyone who wishes to come along. It those who never got the chance the opportunity to bid farewell to Bertie Auld and Big Yogi Hughes. There will be Tea/Coffee and sandwiches provided after Mass in the Church Hall.

Finally, a Big Shoutout to a very good Friend and a great Cork Bhoy, Martin Ryan. Martin is a member of Cobh No 1 Celtic Supporters Club in County Cork, and is a long standing season ticket holder. Martin is flying out on Wednesday morning to the United States of America to run in the annual New York City Marathon. Marty does charity work all year round, he is running this marathon to raise fund for Mc Millan Cancer Support, if anyone would like to donate to him, please contact me and I’ll get you the details how to do it, Good Luck Marty Bhoy, go smash it.

We Never Stop. Glasgow’s Green and White.

Return to “CSA News”