Against Real Madrid was Magical, no shame in getting beat off them.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Against Real Madrid was Magical, no shame in getting beat off them.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:29 pm

First things first, last Tuesday night versus Real Madrid at a rocking Celtic Park was absolutely Magical, what an atmosphere !!!!! For the first hour we matched them up, and were a wee bit unlucky not to be ahead by a couple of goals. Madrid in the second half found another gear, and we obviously tired a bit, I think even a couple of the ball bhoys got cramp. But listen, there is absolutely no shame get beaten by a better team on the night, there is a reason Real are European Champions, we witnessed it last week.

The main reason for getting to the Champion’s League group stages, is to play against the best teams in Europe, and hopefully manage to gain enough points to get you through to the knock out stages. That obviously means playing against the best players in Europe, that’s the stage we want to play on, and we need to embrace it. The noise before the match during “You’ll Never Walk Alone” and “Zadok the Priest” was incredible, Celtic Park and our supporters are renown all over European Football for the atmosphere created, but you have to add to that “Respect and Admiration” and that is for players Like Luka Modric Toni Kroos, and Karim Benzema, I think it’s the Celtic way to acknowledge great players, as we’ve done in the past with the like of Messi, Maldini, and Iniesta.

I see it’s now been announced that the weekend games in Scotland will go ahead, I really didn’t agree with postponing the weekend past’s fixtures, especially when golf, horse racing, and rugby were going ahead. Apparently on Twitter the Celtic and Liverpool supporters were getting blamed for the postponements, I know we’ve been accused and blamed of many things in the past, but being blamed for something that never actually took place is something else altogether. Nobody wants to hear of an old women passing away, but the whole life of the rest of the country can’t be put on hold because of it.

UEFA have once again made an absolute mess of things, I mean to move the team from Govan against Napoli back 24 hours, just what exactly does that achieve, people are claiming the police are stretched at this particular time, what would we do in a real crisis? Surely if need be, police could have been drafted in from other areas, then again, maybe because of Tory policies, there are just not enough no matter what the situation is.

Onwards and upwards for the Celt’s … Glasgow’s Green & White

Return to “CSA News”