Great result on Saturday, when are we getting a home draw in the cup?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Great result on Saturday, when are we getting a home draw in the cup?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:08 pm

Another great display from the Champions on Saturday, although I think we’ve actually played better this season, it was still a stunning result. We are now, after six matches, nine points better off than we were last season at the same stage. When we play with that speed of thought, movement, and intensity, we should not fear any team, even the present European Champions, Real Madrid.

The only downside of Saturday’s match is the injuries to Kyogo and Carl, when the team is playing so well you don’t want to tinker too much, so let’s hope they are both fit for tomorrow night, having said that, we didn’t notice any drop in quality with the two substitutes, Big Geo and Maritz slotted in perfectly, and Big Geo will be a handful for any defence.

The squad right now is as strong as I have ever seen, with at least two players for each position, I think great credit must go to Ange for identifying the players, but also to Michael Nicholson and Chris McKay for backing the manager by getting the contracts sorted, players of the quality we have brought in don’t come cheap. There was some scepticism from a few people when Michael was appointed, hopefully that has now disappeared, and we can all focus on 100% backing for the club.

So it’s been a great start to the season, we are scoring plenty of goals, and not conceding many, a great recipe for success. I suppose you have to wonder though, about how we always seem to get drawn away in cup matches, when the team from Govan always seem to get drawn at home, and usually against opposition from a lower division, the old hot ball and cold balls seems to still work fine when it comes to cup draws. I would be interested to read the history of the cup draws in the last decade, if any of the internet experts could do the research and publish the data.

I had the pleasure and honour of attending the Annual John Thomson Memorial Football Tournament yesterday afternoon, in John’s home town of Cardenden. After the presentation of the many awards to the young players from the local primary schools, we went to Bowhill Cemetery to lay the wreaths on John’s grave, where a piper played a lament, and the John Thomson song. Wreaths were also laid at the graves of the ten young coal miners killed in an accident at the Bowhill Colliery on October 31st1931. Great credit to Alex Burns and his committee for their continued work in keeping the memory of John alive, and for tending the grave. Also great credit to the local Celtic Supporters CSC’s for their continued support, although it is always a sad occasion, there were a lot of smiling faces yesterday.
Glasgow’s Green & White. We Never Stop.

Return to “CSA News”