Brilliant Football at one ground, Blatant Cheating at another ground !!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Brilliant Football at one ground, Blatant Cheating at another ground !!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:32 pm

What a fantastic day yesterday in Dundee, I have always said that my favourite away ground in Scotland is Tannadice, based on the fact that I have been going there for over 60 years and have never seen any trouble between the supporters, even after many heavy defeats for United, although never before as big as 9-0.

The display itself was a brilliant exercise in fast energetic attacking football. And when you consider there was 25 minutes between the first and second goals, it was a quite remarkable display. The whole team obviously played their part in the victory, especially Kyogo and Liel Abada, but I also thought Matt O’Riley was outstanding in his creative midfield role.

I have to comment on the empty seats in the Jerry Kerr stand. Two full sections lying empty, apart from about half a dozen players not in the match squad (well I’m guessing that’s who they were) that must have been close on a thousand seats, over £30,000 in lost revenue for United, they must not need it? And to think I saw a few supporters outside trying to buy tickets, and obviously lot’s never travelled because they didn’t have a ticket. How can clubs complain about lack of finances, when they choose to limit their income through making bad financial decisions?

The Champions League draw for the group stages could have been worse for us, as someone who was in the Bernabeu 42 years ago, it was great to be given an opportunity to return. To get the chance to go up against the Champions League holders is the stuff of dreams, especially for our players, the Santiago Bernabeu is one of the most iconic Football Stadiums in World Football, not as good as Celtic Park, but it’s in the top five.

Finally, I have to comment on the decision by Don Robertson not to send off Sevco player Sands versus Ross County. I have to say that decision was “Corrupt” there is no way that decision was just a bad call by the official, that call was “BLATANT CHEATING” there is no other way to describe it. The supporters of the Tribute Act were up in arms last week about the two red cards given out by Willie Collum. The officials of the club also made a formal complaint to the SFA/SPFL, so what will they do this week with Robertson? The usual, these things happen in football? That’s just total nonsense. I’m looking forward to VAR, but I fear nothing will change, because unless we get officials from outside Scotland, the same people who have been “CHEATING” us all their career, will continue to do just that.
Glasgow’s Green & White. We Never Stop.

Kiwibhoy

Re: Brilliant Football at one ground, Blatant Cheating at another ground !!

Postby Kiwibhoy » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:27 am

Yes, even this Rangers fansite thought that the decision not to send him off was a bad mistake:

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2022/08/28/bb ... ss-county/

Also, in The Scotsman, who I quote because they are not a Glasgow media outlet:
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football ... ng-3822011

Return to “CSA News”