This Cinch deal stinks.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

This Cinch deal stinks.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:54 pm

Another good victory yesterday, although not as flamboyant as last week at Kilmarnock, but three points gained is all you can ask for. I think if we had got the second goal earlier we would have scored a few more goals, but we can’t complain. I think one thing we can complain about is the standard of the match officials. In my humble opinion, Kevin Clancy is just totally out of his depth refereeing at this level, I can say the same about Willie Collum, and just about every other official in the SPL. Another thing we could say about yesterday, both assistant referees never missed an opportunity to flag for offside against Celtic, I suppose it would have been hard to flag a Hearts player offside, since they hardly tried to get up the park in the first hour.

I’ve mention this before, but it certainly needs clarified. The Cinch deal in Scottish Football, we all know that the tribute act don’t like the deal because it impacts on their Chairman Douglas Park’s company, but why are other clubs colluding with them? In their first away match, the after match interview at Livingston was conducted on the pitch. The interview on Saturday at Easter Road was conducted with a backdrop that didn’t contain the Cinch logo.

There is something going on that needs to be explained. Sevco refused to use the Cinch logo last season because they claimed that they had an existing deal with Douglas Park, which under the rules was allowed. It’s my understanding that the SPFL studied a number of videos of Sevco matches, and at no time was there any publicity for Parks of Hamilton. I also believe they were asked to provide proof of the existing contract, which they duly did, the problem is, it took a year to find the contract, strange that, isn’t it?

Everybody who follows Scottish Football knows that Sevco do not like Neil Doncater and Murdoch MacLennan, and have tried on a few occasions to undermine them, and try to force them out, that’s their prerogative, but if other clubs are being intimidated, and if the broadcasters are being intimidated, that’s another story altogether. I will certainly be speaking to Celtic FC in regards to that, and I’ll also be contacting Neil Doncaster.
Glasgow’s Green & White.

Return to “CSA News”