Nobody said it was going to be easy !!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Nobody said it was going to be easy !!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:46 pm

I remember doing an interview for Norwegian Television a number of years ago, the guy asked me when I first became a “Celtic Supporter”, I replied that’s easy to answer, February 4th 1951, the day I was born, I suspect the vast majority of Celtic Supporters would say the same.

Nobody said it would be easy, and everything would be rosy in the garden, but that’s part of what it’s like to be a part of the Celtic Family. You cannot really understand the unbridled joy of “Winning” unless you suffer the horrendous agony of “Losing” and most of us have been subject to both.

My time as a Celtic Supporter has been mostly joy. Celtic have won 75 major trophies, and I’ve been privileged enough to have been at 71 of them, the first being the 1965 Scottish Cup Final against Dunfermline when Big Bill rose majestically to head the winner. Since that day we have enjoyed enormous success, more than any other era in our Long Unbroken and Untainted History.

We have won 11 Major Trophies in a Row, and are on course to make it 12 and an unbelievable Quadruple Treble. We are also still on course to win Ten in a Row. I know we have not been at our best this season, we’ve had a few bad days, and although we had a good victory at Motherwell yesterday, there were a few shaky moments, and lost another poor goal, but I’ll take that every week from now on.

Sure it’s great to win playing Pure Beautiful Football, but that’s not always the case, I’ll take winning a boring 1-0 from now until the end of the season, just so long as we win. I’m not being complacent here, but I’ve said many times before, if we are to succeed, we need to stick together and get right behind the Team and the Manager. The stick that Neil Francis Lennon has taken lately has been shocking. Does anyone amongst our support think that Lenny doesn’t want to win every bit as much as any supporter does? Of course he does, and the same goes for Peter Lawwell, they are both Celtic Supporters, the only thing they are guilty of is being human and not always getting it right. In my time Celtic have got it right a lot more often than they got it wrong.

Football is always about opinions, and everyone is entitled to their own. I’m sure there will be lots who don’t agree with what I’ve just wrote, that’s fine by me. What I’m saying quite clearly is, we need to keep our eyes on the Prize. Every single part of the Celtic Family has their part to play in helping us to succeed. Please play your Part !!!

Return to “CSA News”