McInnes plays the victim card again.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

McInnes plays the victim card again.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:47 am

Derek McInnes brought yesterday’s defeat, and the manner of the defeat on himself and Aberdeen FC. He set out his team to defend deep and to get physical with Celtic, and in particular with the creative players in Celtic’s team, players like McGregor, Forrest and Christie, it would be an understatement to say he failed miserably, obviously apart from the horrible injury to Ryan Christie.

Celtic were always in control of the game, we started on the front foot and Aberdeen couldn’t handle it. McInnes only plays one way against Celtic, defend deep, boot everything in a Celtic jersey that moves, and hope that he gets a corner or free kick that one of his giant players can score from.

I suppose the worrying thing for the SFA will be, the four red cards for Aberdeen’s players and staff, but will they act on it at all? Remains to be seen, but I think I can say with some degree of certainty, if it had been Brown, Simunovic, Kennedy, and Lennon, the four would already have been found guilty, and hefty punishment handed out.

McInnes has got his defence already sorted out, he’s playing the victim card again, no surprise there. McInnes claimed he was subjected to sectarian abuse (his words not mine), now I genuinely didn’t hear that particular chant, but I have continually said that I don’t like it, and don’t want to hear it from the Celtic Support, not directed at McInnes, or any other manager or player. We have to be better than that, we have a fantastic repertoire of good songs and chants, there is no need for any offensive ones.

Most managers you see in professional football, when one of their players is sent off for either a bad tackle or something stupid will blank them at the side-line, that’s their way of showing the crowd their dissatisfaction with the player, not McInnes, he actually puts his arm around Ferguson, although probably telling him to ignore the deserved abuse from the Celtic Support, Ferguson has just committed a horror tackle on Tom Rogic, one which could have resulted in a serious injury for the Wizard of Aus. I think McInnes just confirmed Ferguson was carrying out his instructions to the full.

At the end of the day the dark arts didn’t work for McInnes and Aberdeen, and the Historical Treble Treble is most certainly on, I’m sure Levein and Hearts will have a very similar game plan for the final, and I also expect that they will also demand half of the tickets for the game, that’s the norm now when one of the so-called big six teams manage to reach a final. I will expect the normal nonsense from the SFA. Will the departing Clown McRae take his final curtain call and hand Scott Brown the Scottish Cup for the third year running. Or will the other Clown Petrie take the opportunity to rub Heart’s nose in it. Who care, so long as it’s Captain Fantastic Scott Brown that is receiving the trophy?

Return to “CSA News”