A letter from Phil might do the trick !!!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

A letter from Phil might do the trick !!!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:52 am

I can normally watch some other sports other than football on television, usually I will watch the Olympics or Commonwealth Games, or even some of the Winter Olympics. I loved watching Ali and Frazier getting it on, Tyson was great, and the middleweight foursome of Leonard, Duran, Hagler, and Hearns. But one sport I definitely cannot watch is “CRICKET”.

So the recent furore over the Ball Tampering by some of the Australian Cricket Team doesn’t really bother me that much, I just don’t like cricket, so why get excited by anything that happens within that particular sport?

Then I thought about the reason for the furore, and that was “BLATANT CHEATING”. Every daily newspaper was covering it on their sports pages, I don’t have any time for most so-called sports journalists, but guys like Hugh McDonald and Graham Spiers are decent enough, and try to do their job properly.

So I’m thinking, because it is cheating on a grand scale its right to make comment, but when you make comment on a particular incident involving cheating, surely the same journo’s should be commenting when the “BLATANT CHEATING” took place over a decade, and it just wasn’t a case of one team cheating another, it was one team CHEATING every team they played against.

There has been lots of great blogs written about the DOS/EBT cheating by Oldco Rangers, people like James Forrest, John James, Phil Mac, and Paul Brennan have enhanced their reputations for the investigation and exposing of some evidence we would never have heard about. But where has it got us up until now? Nowhere is the answer to that, so what can we do now? Well take a slightly different route.

Phil Mac Giolla Bhain has been relentless in pursuing the SFA for answers with regards to governance and their treatment of Oldco/Newco Rangers. The difference with Phil and James Forrest or Paul is this, Phil is a card carrying member of the National Union of Journalists, and therefore is a colleague of those who have avoided the issue for obvious reasons.

So here’s the thought. Why doesn’t Phil, either in an open letter, or by individual direct contact to all the Sports Writers in Scotland, ask them a couple of simple questions?

1/ Do they agree that Oldco Rangers, while using the DOS/EBT schemes, signed players they could not have afforded otherwise, and therefore gained a sporting advantage?

2/ If the answer to that is “Yes” Do they agree that all trophies won during that period of time, should either be declared Null & Void, or at least be noted that they were won in unusual circumstances?

It would be interesting to hear the thoughts of guys like Waddell, Jackson, Leckie, and McGowan. These are the guys who spout all the time about the lack of Honesty & Integrity within Scottish Football, but did nothing to change it. Regan has walked away, but Petrie and McRae are still there, and there are others.

Return to “CSA News”