International breaks, I hate them.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

International breaks, I hate them.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:52 am

As a Celtic supporter who goes to every game home and away I hate international breaks. We get nothing from it and the most to lose. Celtic will have about forty payers away this week right through all the age groups, that's probably more than all the other teams in the SPL.

Our next three games are against Ross County, Dundee, and Hamilton, you can bet there will be very few if any players away with International teams from those three teams. It’s maybe a good thing this time for the likes of Stuart Armstrong who has been out injured, and for Callum McGregor who doesn’t play every week for us. But James Forrest could probably do with the rest.

What do the supporters of Celtic get out of International games? Very little I presume. I don’t think there would be too many of the 20,000 who were at Hampden would be followers of the most successful team in Europe, check the link below.
http://omgtens.com/top-10-football-club ... in-europe/

I suppose it does give Brendan and his staff an opportunity to have a wee break away. Also Peter Lawwell who works extremely hard to give Brendan the support he needs to continue to be successful. I just don’t like the break, if we didn’t have the meaningless friendly International games we could have fewer midweek fixture which certainly don’t appeal to our supporters who travel great distances to follow Celtic.

Anyway it’s back to normality this weekend with the visit of Ross County to the home of the Famous Glasgow Celtic, hopefully we can get seven in a row wrapped up as soon as possible. It’s not going to be another Invincible season, but it can be another record with a Historical Double Treble. I guess Brendan will also like to give some game time to some of our younger players, and to some of the fringe players as well.

So roll on Saturday, Glasgow’s Green & White.

Return to “CSA News”