Incompetent or Corrupt Officials, I know what I believe.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Incompetent or Corrupt Officials, I know what I believe.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:23 pm

Sometimes it’s hard to work out if a referee or linesman is totally incompetent or just downright corrupt, I’m certainly beginning to come down on the side of the latter, as there are far too many shocking displays from the officials in the Scottish game.

I felt really sorry for Jonny Hayes at Dens Park on Boxing Day, he had just got himself into the team and had played well against his old club Aberdeen on Saturday, and then he ends up with a broken leg at Dundee which will probably mean him missing the rest of the season.

I never saw the match on television, but from where I was standing behind the goal there seemed to be a clear foul on Kieran Tierney just before the clash between Jonny and Meekings on the half way line.

So in my humble opinion, if the linesman who was just yards away from the foul on KT, or the useless referee Kevin Clancy had called the foul, then Jonny Hayes would not have broken his leg, and yes I know all the sayings about Grannies and Grandads.

Clancy is one of those referees that you know is going to be useless before the match kicks off, and I believe most of the ones in Scotland are the same, and I certainly don’t believe that’s down to an honest inability to referee at the top level, or indeed at any level.

I think all Celtic Supporters know what we will get from Bobby Madden on Saturday, when we play his favourite team in the League for the fifth time in their short existence. Only in Scotland would an ex-season ticket holder of one club be allowed to officiate at their matches.

Madden will most certainly favour Sevco over Celtic, and he won’t have to be bribed to do so, he will do it because of his inbred hatred of anything to do with Celtic Football Club. That clown Regan and the rest of the Brethren at the SFA should be hanging their heads in shame because of their indifference to the “BLATANT CHEATING”.

I keep saying Regan’s time will come, and I’m sure it will, even although it looks as though the attempt to force a judicial review seems to have failed. I believe there is an appetite for change amongst the ordinary every day football supporter in Scotland, we just need to find a way to harness all our energies together to force through that change.

But on the good news side of it, it’s all good news. The transfer of Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool from Southampton means another cash windfall for Celtic, and it will be somewhere between about £7 million and £10 million. Because of the perceived lack of competition in Scottish Football, not many players leave here for really big transfer fees, so we have done reasonably well. The total money received for Big Virgil counting his initial transfer will be in the region of £20 million, not bad for an outlay of about £2.5 million.

We also did reasonably well from the transfers of Victor Wanyama and Fraser Forster, not forgetting Gary Hooper and Ki-Sung-Yueng, and a few others to boot. A lot of the profit is down to business acumen of out CEO Peter Lawwell, you wouldn’t want to play poker with that guy. He must be the best CEO in European Football, and I’m delighted that he is Celtic through and through.

I know we would rather keep players like Virgil and Victor, but the reason they come to Celtic in the first place is the exact model we operate. We identify young unknown players, buy them at a reasonable price, and then give them their wish of a transfer to a bigger and better League, not to a bigger and better club. The system seems to work quite a lot of the time, although it’s not fool proof.

I’m looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully the snow will have cleared and the game will go ahead. I am never over confident in these matches, but I trust Brendan and the Bhoys to get the result to please the supporters. Then it’s a well-earned break for all of us, I do like the couple of weeks off, it gives you a chance to recharge the batteries for the second half of the season, and it seemed to work for us last year.

Finally, with regards to tomorrow, the Club is asking supporters to try to arrive early for the match, and where possible get to your seat early as well. I know the coaches coming over from Ireland are on a very tight schedule, if they get any holdup at all they would miss the kick off. So if you are more local and get early please do so, it will benefit everyone.

Return to “CSA News”