Cup Final is the Priority.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Cup Final is the Priority.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 am

Out of the 64 unbeaten matches we have played, Saturday at Dingwall was one of the ones where we struggled a wee bit. Owen Coyle certainly has Ross County better organised than they were under Jim Mc Intyre, and I thought Jim did well up in the Highlands.

It was a struggle for us supporters as well, catching the coach at 7.30am on a Saturday morning is not one of life’s pleasures, although any time you are going to watch the Famous Glasgow Celtic should be a pleasure.

The main object was to come away with three points, and that was achieved, so objective reached. I thought it was pretty even in the first half, in fact County might have shaded it, but we managed to once again to find a way to win, and Griff’s free kick was worthy of winning any game.

It’s now on to Paris on Wednesday night to face many people’s favourites to win the Champions League. I would not presume to tell Brendan how to manage the team, but I believe it’s a time to prioritise, and I believe Sunday’s Cup Final is more important than Wednesday night.

I do not wish to demean the match, but if I had a choice of which game I wanted to win most, it would be the Final, don’t get me wrong, I would love to win both, but I think that’s unlikely. I firmly believe that we will be in the Europa League after the New Year, and I also believe that was the target of most supporters after the draw was made and we were in the same group as Bayern and PSG.

I think we have a lot of fringe players who we could play on Wednesday night, I certainly would be protecting the players who are most important to us, Like Broony and Big Dedryck, and a few others, let’s keep our domestic unbeaten run going and lift the first trophy of the season, hopefully on the way to another Invincible Treble winning season.

I say this as someone who is going to Paris, I never want to see Celtic beaten by any team, even one perceived to be the best in Europe by many people. I am trying to be realistic about what we can achieve, I know Brendan doesn’t like parking the bus, and neither do I, but losing to PSG would not come as a surprise to anyone in football.

Return to “CSA News”