We need to keep the pressure on Regan.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

We need to keep the pressure on Regan.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:07 pm

I know that the writer of the blog John James had a wee dig at me the other day with regards to our meeting with Mr Doncaster and Mr McKenzie, (and let me stress once again, it was Mr Doncaster that asked to me us). I actually read his blog every day, I think he said I was more of a shop steward than a man of letters.

I have to say he is 100% correct in that assumption, I started my career early in that respect. I left school at 15 and was Yard Convener in James Lamont & Co in Port Glasgow when I was 23 years of age. I was Chairman of the West of Scotland District Committee of the Boilermakers Union when I was 30 years of age. I am quite proud of representing my Union Comrades from an early age.

I digress. The main point is this, we have a clear agenda for the way forward, and we have goals which we wish to achieve, to that end we will continue to try to apply pressure where we can to reach those goals.

I have written this morning to Stewart Regan at the SFA to ask him once again, in conjunction with the SPFL, to approve setting in process an Independent Judicial Review of Scottish Football, if they have nothing to hide why would they resist? I will publish his response if I receive one.

We have at this time support from other supporters of the some of the biggest clubs in Scotland, which will become more evident in the coming weeks. There are people who will certainly not want to be put in the spotlight, and that’s because they have acted dishonestly in the past. We have to keep the pressure on to expose these people and to force the acceptance that Honesty and Integrity must come first in all competitions.

The way forward for Scottish Football has to be an open and transparent organisation working for the benefit of all. All the clubs in Scotland need help in one way or another. The teams in the SPL will receive another financial boost from the brilliant display from Celtic on Wednesday night against Astana, they will be grateful, but they won’t say that in public. The sad thing is, we should have more teams competing in Europe, does that not tell a story in itself?

Return to “CSA News”