There may be trouble ahead.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

There may be trouble ahead.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 pm

We could not have received a worse draw in the Champions League than Linfield, it would have been better to be drawn away to some far flung Eastern European team than this lot. I’m sure the alarm bells will be ringing at UEFA after the draw was made, I know they would certainly be ringing inside Celtic Park.

Peter Lawwell takes the health and safety of all his staff and our supporters very seriously, he would not do anything that would jeopardise their wellbeing. So the draw gives us a problem if Linfield get through their opening tie.

What would be the answer you might ask? Well for one thing there is no way we will play in Belfast on the 11/12th of July, if you excuse the pun, that would just pour petrol on the fire, tensions are high enough at that time of the year, we don’t need to add to the problem.

I certainly believe that UEFA will reverse the draw so that we play them at Celtic Park on July 11/12th. We want to then win the tie very comfortably and make sure the return leg is a forgone conclusion, even sending a reserve side to play the second leg.

The problem might well be that the bigger security problem is in Glasgow not Belfast. In Belfast there will be a lot of young and older people who would watch Linfield at home but not go to away matches. The hard core ones would be the ones who would travel to Glasgow, and they would be joined by their Brethren from down Govan way, and we know what they bring to every match they attend. After all this is probably the closest Sevco will get to the Champions League this Century.

So it will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of weeks. I firmly believe that Peter Lawwell will make a decision based on what’s best for our club and supporters. I trust him implicitly to get it right.

Return to “CSA News”