Thomson owed us plenty.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Thomson owed us plenty.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Many times over the last few years I have watched Craig Thomson award penalties that were not penalties, but it was always against Celtic the awards were given, so it quite strange to actually get a decision from Thomson which seemed to favour Celtic.

It was not just penalties either, we have seen plenty of red cards from Thomson for Celtic Players which were definitely of the dubious variety as well. I don’t know what has changed, and I’m not sure I like it, but I certainly prefer it that way.

I have always said I don’t want officials to favour Celtic, I just want them to do their job honestly. There is that saying that the decisions even themselves out over the season, well I have never seen a season where we have had as many good decisions as bad decisions.

Obviously with Thomson giving Celtic a penalty that never was, the Scottish hacks were furious to say the least, can you imagine the furore if there was a reasonable chance of Celtic being caught in the League? Thomson would need police protection.

Even allowing for the dodgy penalty Celtic were worthy winners of the match, although I thought St Johnstone competed well enough, maybe a wee bit too hard on the physical side though.

As Brendan said in his interview, you can only play so long without a recognised striker, and what a boost it is to have Big Moussa back, and back with a real bang too. Scott Sinclair has a fantastic scoring record this season, even when like yesterday he was not having a great game, he is always a threat, Scotty certainly has the ability to play in any League, I just hope he loves Celtic enough to convince him to stay here with us for the rest of his career.

Kieran Tierney appears to be back to his best after only a couple of matches, and it shouldn’t be too long until Thomas Rogic and Stuart Armstrong are back playing as well, not forgetting Leigh Griffiths, who hopefully will be back amongst the goals again soon.

All in all it’s looking great down Paradise Way, there are a few records there for the taking, and this group of players look like they could achieve everything this season, they just don’t accept defeat. They also look like the Lisbon Lions in terms of they seem to enjoy each other’s company, and are willing to fight for each other.

It makes really sweet for us the supporters too, there is nothing better than going into your work on a Monday morning knowing that Celtic have won again, and there is nobody with any chance of catching us in the League. All we need to do now is keep going and land the Treble.

Return to “CSA News”