Peter played a Blinder.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Peter played a Blinder.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:36 am

Peter Lawwell has once again played a blinder by withholding the payment from ticket money for the damage to the toilets at Celtic Park by the so-called supporters of Sevco. It was the only chance there was of getting payment, does anyone think Sevco were going to pay voluntarily? That would in the first place be an admission of guilt, they don’t do guilty, they play victims.

Now the Sevconians are claiming there was considerable damage done to the Broomloan Road Stand on Hogmanay, firstly I’m not sure how anyone could tell, I’m sure if there is clear photographic evidence of that Celtic will meet their responsibility, I know that plenty of Celtic supporters took camera footage before the game, so there is plenty of evidence of the state of the facilities.

Sevco’s supporters have only visited Celtic Park once in their short time in existence, but there was probably more damage done then, than done by all the other team’s supporters that have visited Celtic Park. The only other time we had serious damage to the stadium was when there was once a team called Rangers in the League, their fans had a terrible record when it came to behaving themselves.

There is talk in the media of Sevco reciprocating by withholding ticket money owed when they next visit Celtic Park, I have the answer to that, “DON’T GIVE THEM ANY TICKETS”. I would certainly be happy never to share a stadium with them again. So don’t give them tickets, and don’t accept any from them for the Bigot Dome.

Now I know that SPFL rules state that a reasonable amount of tickets should be made available to visiting teams, but that would be in normal circumstances, their supporters are far from normal. I think Celtic will have to take the lead, I don’t believe Sevco are being run in a normal manner, I certainly don’t believe their board of directors are in total control.

If we take ourselves back to 1994 when Moonbeams Murray pulled a stroke by banning our Supporters from Ibrox. At that time there were no rules on ticket allocation for visiting teams, and Murray knew that rules would be put in place at the start of the next season, so Celtic would not get the chance to do likewise to Rangers.

I would not be surprised if the mob running Sevco were looking at some similar tactic. The team that Moonbeams controlled continually caused damage to Celtic Park, they also brought a type of obnoxious support that no other set of supporters come even remotely close to, I certainly never missed them when they died.

I’m not sure how this will all pan out, but I’m sure of one thing, I would rather have Peter Lawwell fighting my corner than anyone they can drum up. There is about three months until Sevco are scheduled to visit Celtic Park, I’m sure a lot of Celtic Supporters will have an opinion on what should happen. One thing I know for sure, we will be going back to Snake Mountain as Champions of Scotland for the sixth time in a row, and there is absolutely nothing Sevco can do to prevent that.

Return to “CSA News”