Keep Brendan sweet and the media sour.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Keep Brendan sweet and the media sour.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:07 pm

The sportswriters in Scotland are never happy, especially when their beloved Sevco trail Celtic by nineteen points with a game less played. They are all moaning about the winter shutdown now, I don’t think Broony and the rest of the Celtic first team squad will be moaning.

I said earlier December was a hard month, the players played nine matches, and the supporters had to meet the expense of attending the matches, especially leading up to Christmas. I miss the games but I also enjoy the wee break away from it as well, I’m sure the players feel the same.

Celtic are enjoying a well-earned break in sunny Dubai, my son has lived in Dubai for almost ten years, so I’ve been there a few times, the one thing you can guarantee is sunshine, and in January it won’t be too hot. I guess the players will also have a bit of time to themselves as well, so that will help them relax and feel good about themselves.

With nothing to write about in Scotland apart from Sevco’s latest loan deals for the new Messi and Ronaldo, they have churned out another ex-player of the deid club Stuart McCall, Stuart should be well versed in how Sevco operate, after all he failed to win the Championship while he was the manager there.

While Celtic are paying almost £3m for a young player with great potential, the magicless hatman is trying to get young boys with little or no experience in to try to secure second place in the league, that leads to guys like McCall fearing that we will achieve ten in a row. He isn’t talking about Sevco winning anything, all that concerns him and many more is that we don’t win the league, they don’t care who wins, so long as it’s not Celtic.

The best way for us to achieve maximum success is to give Brendan exactly what he wants. That means keeping hold of Moussa and others for as long as possible, then get the best deal we can for them if they decide to move on. It also means continuing to improve the squad in every transfer window by bringing in players like young Kouassi Eboue.

I firmly believe that Dermot Desmond and Peter Lawwell will do exactly that, there has been plenty of evidence so far that that is the plan. The trip to Dubai won’t be cheap, and when you consider that a financially rewarding friendly match could have easily been arranged, it stresses the point even more.

Even travelling to games now has completely changed, the team are now flying to away games instead of long coach journeys. Going to away games in the Champions League was by private charter flights, and that was for players and staff only, the press and corporate supporters were on a different flight, minimising distraction for the players.

It is a great time to be a Celtic Supporter. Hopefully Brendan is here for ten in a row, and by that I mean ten seasons in a row. I think we could look favourably about increasing the capacity of the stadium, and in the short term make the safe standing section bigger.

I still believe Celtic will play in another league outside of Scotland, we are held back here from reaching our potential, but I also believe if we can keep Brendan and continue to improve then we will get to play in a league and at a level that is fitting for the Famous Glasgow Celtic.

Return to “CSA News”