Watch your back Gordon, the Hacks are on to you.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Watch your back Gordon, the Hacks are on to you.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:58 am

It doesn’t surprise me that the Scottish media have turned on Gordon Strachan, with the wee man’s association with Celtic I’m actually surprised he’s lasted this long, Big Eck and Watty certainly got an easy ride from them, and let’s not forget Sally, an abject failure, but enjoyed special treatment from the hacks.

They have also had a dig at the so-called famous Tartan Army for the behaviour of some of them in Trafalgar Square, it was a dig but a small one in real terms, stressing that it was a very small minority that misbehaved, it’s a pity they never gave the Celtic support and in particular the Green Brigade the same leeway.

The hacks have also turned on the SFA and Stewart Regan in particular, I and many others have been saying for years that he is a lame duck. The hacks are happy to take the succulent lamb when it’s on offer, and all the free trips around the world, but they are quicker than Usain Bolt when it comes to back stabbing.

You could get rid of Strachan and Regan tomorrow, but who would take their place? I’m sure Big Eck would have a lot of support, Watty is past his sell by date, so he’s out, there is nobody jumping out at you. As for replacing Regan, you only need to go down to the local timber yard and get a plank of wood and you would be more organised.

I have no real interest in the fortunes of the Scottish National Football Team, my only allegiance is to Celtic Football Club, although I have to say I don’t think there are the same problems there was in the 60’s and 70’s, it’s now mostly accountants and farmers who follow the team, and most seem to be from Fife. A far cry from the days of Hampden being full of the same people who went to Ibrox every other week.

My only hope for International weeks is that all our players come back free from injury and exhaustion, quite frankly I would be glad to see the back of them, it’s because of these types of fixtures that we find ourselves playing nine games in December, with not more than a four day break between any of the games, the players will be glad of the winter break after that schedule.

We had the majority of our first team players away with their respective National Teams, and most of our development squad players were away as well, so there is a definite advantage for all the other teams who have few if any players away, we had something like forty players away, the only ones getting a rest are the staff at Lennoxtown.

We have a busy time coming up. Starting on Friday night at Kilmarnock we have twelve games in forty three days, seven of the matches are away from Celtic Park, so it’s not only busy for the Celtic team, it’s expensive for the Celtic Supporters, but we wouldn’t want it any other way, being busy I mean.

Return to “CSA News”