The Dons could't fill their own stadium against Celtic.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

The Dons could't fill their own stadium against Celtic.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:22 pm

You have to laugh at Derek McInnes and the Aberdeen supporters demanding half of the tickets for the League Cup Final, they couldn’t sell out Pittodrie yesterday against the champions of Scotland, some support they are, maybe if they got the tickets for free they would turn up, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

There were plenty of empty seats yesterday in the three sections occupied by the Aberdeen supporters, yet outside there were lots of Celtic supporters who couldn’t get a ticket for the game. I think it’s time for teams like Aberdeen who claim to be a big club to have facilities that the real big club’s actually do have. Having said that, Celtic are the only real big club in Scotland.

As for McInnes himself, he must have been on the same football coaching course as the Magicless Hatman. McInnes claimed that the Dons deserved at least a share of the points yesterday, well I believe like the semi against Sevco, if it had been a boxing match any decent referee would have stopped the contest on both occasions.

It was a good display from Celtic at Pittodrie yesterday, the team are showing a desire and hunger that was missing for a couple of seasons, they have given the supporters belief, and have put a smile back on our faces, that is very welcome indeed.

The whole group of players look as if they have bought into Brendan’s football plan, they are all singing from the same hymn sheet, that’s what is needed to be successful, everyone fighting for each other.

I must confess to being a little apprehensive on Wednesday night in Dingwall when I heard the team with eight changes, we have done that in the past with very little success. But the team rose to the occasion and ground out a very good victory.

The start to the domestic season has been almost perfect, nine victories and one draw from the opening ten matches is very good form in any league, if that continues for the rest of the season it would be absolutely fantastic.

The supporters, myself included have chalked up a few miles this week with trips to Dingwall and Aberdeen, then tomorrow it’s off to Monchengladbach for match day four of the Champions League. They are a very good team, but hopefully we can be at our best and get the victory we need. No matter what the outcome is, our first priority of getting to the group stages has been achieved.

I wonder what McInnes and Warburton will be doing on Tuesday night, I know what they won’t be doing, managing a team in the Champions League. Come on you Bhoys in Green.

Return to “CSA News”