More Cheating against Celtic.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

More Cheating against Celtic.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:59 am

I suppose you can’t really blame Robbie Neilson for defending his player from a charge of simulation, or as it was called in old money “Cheating” What manager would want his players to be associated with diving to win penalties?

The rules and how they are applied are quite ambiguous, there has been plenty of instances in the past when Celtic have suffered at the hands of faceless men at the SPFL and the SFA. There has also been a lot more cases when the former team called Rangers benefitted from the people in authority.

We have had a couple of cases in recent seasons, Derk Boerrigter was giving a two match suspension for diving, he got what he deserved, that can’t be argued. Aleksandar Tonev was a different ball game altogether.

Tonev received a seven game ban for alleged racist comments to Shay Logan of Aberdeen. There was no evidence whatsoever to convict Tonev except for the word of Logan. Tonev was convicted on what the committee deemed to be “The Balance of Probabilities” That was and still is totally unacceptable.

Your man Jamie Walker is a different situation. I tend to agree with Neilson to a certain extent, how do you really prove someone has dived in a close situation? The referee has obviously watched it on the TV replay, or one of the officials has and informed him.

He has then decided that Walker dived, and therefore the penalty should not have been awarded. The situation could have been a lot worse for Celtic, it could have been a penalty that won the game for Hearts, and then there is no come back for the team that lost.

The other thing that Neilson is doing, is trying to shift some of the media coverage onto Scott Brown because of his comments. He must have learned that trick from Derek McInnes at Aberdeen, that exactly what he did with the Logan/Tonev incident.

The one thing that seems to be consistent is this. Celtic nearly always seem to be on the wrong end of the decisions. I don’t see that changing in the near future.

Return to “CSA News”