A welcome bonus for our supporters. Let's make it happen.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

A welcome bonus for our supporters. Let's make it happen.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed May 04, 2016 12:54 pm

After a rather frustrating season its good news that season ticket prices have been frozen for next season. It costs a lot of money to follow Celtic; especially if like me you are not local and go to all the away matches as well.

I think everyone accepts that we need to freshen things up a bit; and not just with a new manager; but with a new manager who is box office and who is the best available to us. We also need a change in the playing squad. Although I believe we still have the strongest squad in Scotland; we need to improve if we aspire to Champions League football next season.

We have alot to look forward to. We will have new strips with a different sponsor on the front; and for the first time a sponsor on the back of the jersey as well. That is welcome income which doesn’t come direct from the supporters; and will obviously offset the freeze in prices for the season tickets.

We will also be the first team in Britain to have a Safe Standing Area in the stadium. I sincerely believe that will be the pilot for all the other big teams in Britain to follow suit; so once again we are the pioneers in football.

The big disappointment will be not contesting the Scottish Cup Final; although Hampden is a Dump; the one thing that brightens it up is when it is covered in Green & White. So instead we will get an extra week off to recharge our batteries to go again next season.

I know there was and probably still is a bit of doom and gloom amongst some of our supporters. But we have a lot to be proud of. We are now in our 129th year of proud successful unbroken history. We are the only team in Scotland to play every season in the top division. And of course we are by far the most successful team in Scotland.

So let’smake Sunday and next Sunday two massive parties as we celebrate Five in a Row. We are half way to the Magical Ten. Only by standing together can we make that happen.

Return to “CSA News”