Kilmarnock ticket policy needs challenged.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Kilmarnock ticket policy needs challenged.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:06 pm

Once again we Celtic Supporters find ourselves being treated as less than equal within Scottish Football; and that is totally unacceptable.

The recent announcement from Kilmarnock Football Club that they intend to charge the Celtic Supporters 20% more than any other set of supporters needs to be challenged.

I have this morning written to Kilmarnock Chairman Jim Mann inviting him to meet with me to discuss and hopefully resolve the situation; if he doesn’t want to do that then he will have to deal with the consequences. I have also copied in Peter Lawwell and Neil Doncaster.

I have heard it said that the reason given for the differential in pricing is to cover extra security; that just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

Every ticket sold at every football ground has to cover the overheads. So a percentage will go to security; just the same as a percentage will go to cover staff wages; and all the other outgoings for a Football Club.

Obviously the idea is that the incomings are greater than the outgoings; and so you make a profit; that is commerce.

Now providing you make even a tiny profit from each ticket sold; then the more tickets you sell; the more profit you make; simple arithmetic.

The sale of tickets is only one part of the revenue stream for a Football Club; they also have sponsorship and merchandising; amongst other incomes.

We are not due at Kilmarnock again until March 19th next year; so we have a bit of time to get the decision overturned. On the other hand if Kilmarnock refuses to do so; then we have other options open to us.

scotsmarc

Re: Kilmarnock ticket policy needs challenged.

Postby scotsmarc » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:36 pm

You have to go remember we do EXACTLY the same thing. Charge more for cat A games (Aberdeen, Dundee U and Hearts if memory serves me right) at £29 for a restricted view. We also charge £26 for every other game. I wonder why our away end is always empty....think we need to get our house in order before we cast a crappy word or 2 down Ayrshire way. Every team in the SPFL does it. we either all stop it or we don't

The CSA has a responsibility to inform supporters about the lie of the land and i know none of us like the mob from Ayrshire but a balanced view from both sides might open a few eyes and kill some of the silly stories on the interweb.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:48 pm

I agree with you with regards to our ticket policy. But we do charge about four teas as category "A" not just one team. I also agree with you with regards to the seats allocated to visiting supporters at Celtic Park; I have asked for these supporters to seated elsewhere with no viewing restrictions.

scotsmarc

Postby scotsmarc » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:01 pm

We all have our noses out of joint. But we are the BIGGEST show in town. We would not want it any other way - I have said to yourself and others regarding things like UK broadcasters screwing us It needs a combined effort. A single team and a few ticket sale losses will not achieve anything and in all honest if it gets to March and we can win the League down there do you think they will have any difficulty shifting tickets? what we need a is a combined effort from all teams in the top flight to cap prices for away days (Also home match prices i hasten to add) - similar to the £20's plenty. More fans, more noise, more atmosphere - more ticket sales in repeat fixtures.

Too much short term money grabbing is killing the game long term.

Return to “CSA News”