Regan has chosen the wrong horse again .....

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Regan has chosen the wrong horse again .....

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:10 pm

It looks like Stuart Regan and his gang have backed the wrong horse in their support of Michel Platini to succeed Sepp Blatter as head of FIFA following the suspension of both men from their posts.

I suppose deals being done behind closed doors are not unusual in Scottish Football; especially in the last three years; although it has been going on for a lot longer than that.

You only have to look at situation with regards to Sevco and some of the people who were found to be “Fit & Proper” to run a Football Club.

Ordinary football supporters with no formal qualifications took very little time in finding out that Craig Whyte was not a Gizzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllionaire; and more seriously; he had been banned from being a Company Director.

The same people along with a couple of free-lance journalists also believed that everything was not quite right with Charles Green and his accomplices; i think the latest Police action against those people would support that.

Following on from the Green and Whyte saga; it came as no surprise when Dave King was also found to be “Fit & Proper”; even though he had paid a fine of over £40 million to the South African Tax Services.

There are still a lot of questions to be answered with regards to Sevco over the last three years or so. It would be refreshing if Mr Regan would come out and explain in detail all the things that went on; like the granting of the football licence which appears to have been against the SFA rules; and the five way agreement which was never agreed on.

There was a promise of a new transparent and accountable Scottish Football Association; i have yet to see any evidence of that being the case. Too many people within the Scottish game are looking after themselves; and not the people who matter most; namely the supporters.

The Scottish National Football Team has now failed to reach the Euro’s in France next year. The media are asking if Gordon Strachan will remain as Manager for the World Cup Qualifiers. Should they not be asking if the SFA are competent; not if the Manager is?

Maybe the saddest part for the SFA in failing to qualify will be the fact that they miss out on a jolly to France next year; although I’m fairly confident that a few of them will still manage to get across the channel at no expense to themselves.

It will be good to get back to watching Celtic again next week; i enjoyed some of the International Football; but nothing beats watching the greatest team in the world along with the greatest supporters in the world. Come on you Bhoys in Green.

Return to “CSA News”