Smith should be banned for his betrayal ..

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Smith should be banned for his betrayal ..

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Peter Smith of STV should be banned from Celtic Park; and it should be done in public so that everyone knows he is banned.

Before any Press Conference the media are informed of the reason for the conference and the agenda.

So what Smith did was a betrayal of confidence in him to act in an appropriate manner and to adhere to the agenda.

Why would he do that you might ask? I’m not really sure of the answer to that; but i suspect it was another attempt at tarring the Celtic Support with the same brush as the ones who support Sevco.

Celtic does have an Irish history. Of course we have; the first piece of turf was laid by Michael Davitt who was an Irish Nationalist; as has been many of our players and supporters since then.

But as Peter Lawwell rightly said, we have been all inclusive since our inception; everyone is welcome irrespective of colour or creed.

I wonder if Smith asked questions at a Sevco Press Conference about their racist/sectarian singing; i very much doubt it.

I was actually surprised at the question being allowed; and even more surprised that Peter Lawwell actually answered it.

We don’t have to rely on the media in Scotland, apart from contractual obligations we should do without them unless it suits us.

I would put out a statement in Public on our website, telling all the people involved in the media, that if anyone ignores their instructions, then the person involved will be banned; as will the company they represent.

Finally while I’m on about the media. Come Sunday at Tannadice they will be waiting on us with everything in their power. They will have their microphone right in front of our supporters hoping to catch us singing songs which some people don’t like, we have a great song book; let’s use it for the benefit of the team and our great club.

We have a great reputation worldwide; let’s continue with that loudly and proudly.

Joe O'Rourke

Re: Smith should be banned for his betrayal ..

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:03 pm

I don't think its unreasonable to criticise the media who were invited to a press conference to announce a sponsorship deal worth about £30 million, the biggest deal by a country mile in Scotland, then one man tries to align Celtic with the IRA. But I'm happy for you to have an opinion, we are all entitled to that.

Return to “CSA News”