Can the Scottish Media not be honest and transparent?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Can the Scottish Media not be honest and transparent?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Once again the majority of the media in Scotland try to involve Celtic Supporters when they comment on the behaviour of the supporters of Sevco, do they not have the guts to leave the blame for Racist/Sectarian singing firmly where it belongs.

Only one reporter i have read since Friday nights bigot fest in Kirkcaldy wrote an article without involving the Celtic Supporters; and that was Michael Grant in today’s Glasgow herald.

The morning after the match which i confess i didn’t watch on television, Stephen Mc Gowan of the Daily Mail was writing about how poor Virgil van Dijk was in European matches, everything was negative, which is normal for him; not a mention of the previous night.

Ian King and Keith Jackson were true to their form and tried to lump us into the debate for the singing and banners in the Celtic end at Hampden in the one sided semi-final against Sevco; how pathetic they really are !!!!

Another idiot i don’t listen to is Hugh Keevins, now apparently he was giving it to us for having committed the shocking crime of singing the National Anthem of Ireland; maybe the Irish Government should take Keevins to task over that.

Even the Labour Party are at it; the Deputy Leader in Scotland Kezia Dugdale commented on the Racist singing in Paris of the Chelsea supporters; but no mention of the singing by supporters of second tier Scottish team a lot closer to home.

So what will the SFA/SPFL do about the latest bigot fest, my guess in nothing at all? The singing was included in the match observer’s report, but surely all the blazers would have been present at the semi-final and did nothing about that.

Is it fear that stops the authorities and maybe even some within the media of commenting properly on the conduct? Stan Collymore had to suffer a lot of abuse and intimidation for calling it right; and he got no support from his employers at BT.

Angela Haggerty was threatened for editing a book by Phil Mac Giolla Bhain; and bookshop owners were threatened for stocking the book, and i better not start to go into the Neil Lennon case; bombs and bullets; some in the media even suggested Neil brought it on himself.

Was it fear that caused the two hotels in London to cancel hosting the Rangers EGM? (We got the blame for that as well) There are certainly a lot of angry people around that club, and they’re being whipped into frenzy by some people who should really know better.

By all accounts the upcoming EGM now being held at Ibrox will have a large Police presence; who is paying the bill for that? Police Scotland/Strathclyde Police have already written off a substantial bill to Rangers because there was no chance of it getting paid.

All most people want is honesty and transparency, it is the job of the media to report in that manner; why don’t they try to do that for once.

Re: Can the Scottish Media not be honest and transparent?

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Spot on

Once again the majority of the media in Scotland try to involve Celtic Supporters when they comment on the behaviour of the supporters of Sevco, do they not have the guts to leave the blame for Racist/Sectarian singing firmly where it belongs.

Only one reporter i have read since Friday nights bigot fest in Kirkcaldy wrote an article without involving the Celtic Supporters; and that was Michael Grant in today’s Glasgow herald.

The morning after the match which i confess i didn’t watch on television, Stephen Mc Gowan of the Daily Mail was writing about how poor Virgil van Dijk was in European matches, everything was negative, which is normal for him; not a mention of the previous night.

Ian King and Keith Jackson were true to their form and tried to lump us into the debate for the singing and banners in the Celtic end at Hampden in the one sided semi-final against Sevco; how pathetic they really are !!!!

Another idiot i don’t listen to is Hugh Keevins, now apparently he was giving it to us for having committed the shocking crime of singing the National Anthem of Ireland; maybe the Irish Government shout take Keevins to task over that.

Even the Labour Party are at it; the Deputy Leader in Scotland Kezia Dugdale commented on the Racist singing in Paris of the Chelsea supporters; but no mention of the singing by supporters of second tier Scottish team a lot closer to home.

So what will the SFA/SPFL do about the latest bigot fest, my guess in nothing at all? The singing was included in the match observer’s report, but surely all the blazers would have been present at the semi-final and did nothing about that.

Is it fear that stops the authorities and maybe even some within the media of commenting properly on the conduct? Stan Collymore had to suffer a lot of abuse and intimidation for calling it right; and he got no support from his employers at BT.

Angela Haggerty was threatened for editing a book by Phil Mac Giolla Bhain; and bookshop owners were threatened for stocking the book, and i better not start to go into the Neil Lennon case; bombs and bullets; some in the media even suggested Neil brought it on himself.

Was it fear that caused the two hotels in London to cancel hosting the Rangers EGM? (We got the blame for that as well) There are certainly a lot of angry people around that club, and they’re being whipped into frenzy by some people who should really know better.

By all accounts the upcoming EGM now being held at Ibrox will have a large Police presence; who is paying the bill for that? Police Scotland/Strathclyde Police have already written off a substantial bill to Rangers because there was no chance of it getting paid.

All most people want is honesty and transparency, it is the job of the media to report in that manner; why don’t they try to do that for once.

Tommyconw

Re: Can the Scottish Media not be honest and transparent?

Postby Tommyconw » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:01 am

Unfortunately 'The media' are not investigative journalists, but are in the business of selling Air Space/written space in order to sell their product.
If we look to MSM to shine a torch on to every issue, we will be disappointed.

Return to “CSA News”