The Thunder was back last night !!!!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

The Thunder was back last night !!!!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:08 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed myself last night at Celtic Park; the Thunder was certainly back again. There is no better atmosphere in European Football than Celtic Park, and that’s the opinion of many of the world’s best players.

I was at the stadium at about 7 o’clock and it was buzzing then, with lots of supporters arriving early to sample the unique atmosphere, and to mingle with the supporters of Inter Milan.

As for the match itself it was a roller-coaster; after a poor start the team worked very hard to get back into the game; I think a lot of credit must go to Ronny for the level of fitness he has our players at.

I was very confident before the match; hence the 3-0 bet placed (I have to confess I bet that score in every match irrespective of the opposition) I genuinely thought if we played to our capabilities we could get a result.

But who would have thought that Craig Gordon would have a mixed night; if anyone deserves to be cut a bit of slack; it’s certainly Big Craig; he has been absolutely outstanding this season.

We have left ourselves with a fighting chance next week at the San Siro; we will have to be at our best and hope they are not, but we are still in there fighting; and I’m happy enough with that.

Two things stuck out last night; the supporters and the players. The players gave their all and never gave up the ghost; I was really pleased and proud of their efforts; if they continue like that until the end of the season we will be successful.

The supporters were magnificent last night; a great turnout and a great atmosphere; and almost everyone stayed until the final whistle; and once again a fantastic Tifo from the Green Brigade.

I sincerely hope that those there last night will be there on Sunday as well; and at every match from now on. The best chance we have of being successful at home and in Europe is with the backing of as many of our wonderful supporters as possible.

Let’s have the Thunder back at every single match we play. We have a fantastic club with a fantastic reputation. As the banner said last night; we all have a part to play.

Return to “CSA News”