Time the Scottish Media got a grip of themselves.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Time the Scottish Media got a grip of themselves.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:44 pm

The media frenzy with regard to Aberdeen being top of the league in early January is comical but not surprising. I think the Scottish media would want the season to end now, hand the title to Aberdeen and vote Derek McInnes as manager of the year.

What a shower they really are !!!!! ... I think we all accept as Celtic supporters that our performances until now have been below the standard expected, but its early January and we are still very much in contention to win the domestic treble, although i wish Ronny would stop talking about doing it.

The media in Scotland are desperate for two things to happen, one for someone other than Celtic to win the league title, and two for another billionaire to take over Sevco and shovel money into the pit until they achieve their goal of competing in European football again.

They don’t care who wins the league so long as it’s not Celtic, and they don’t care who invests money in Sevco so long as they achieve their goal, Sevco are not only financially bankrupt, they are morally bankrupt as well.

We then have the farce of Neil Doncaster telling the world that Sevco are the same club as Rangers, if that’s the case why don’t they have a plan in place for them to pay off the 140 million pounds of debt they dodged out of paying.

Let’s get realistic, Celtic beat Aberdeen on their own ground even though we finished the match with ten men, we have already beaten them at Celtic Park. A couple of weeks ago we were unlucky to lose 2-1 to Dundee United at Tannadice, i thought that was the worst I’ve ever seen Dundee Utd play in terms of attacking football, or should i say the lack of attacking football, and that was after we had hammered them at Celtic Park earlier.

It is very early to be talking about who will win the league, but it’s not too early to talk about who you want to win the league, that the prerogative of the media, i just wish they would all bet their salaries on it.

As for Celtic, we need to get back to winning ways starting at Kilmarnock tonight, it seems that every team we play now play with a flat back ten, and i include Aberdeen and Dundee Utd in that statement. Maybe they are suffering for it a bit now, but the most attack minded team i have seen us play this season has been Dundee.

The league title is still in our own hands, but we need to get back to playing football the Glasgow Celtic Way ...

Re: Time the Scottish Media got a grip of themselves.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Joe,

McInnes went to the footballing school of w. Smith (the Wattanacio)!! Even against Motherwell, they played a lot on the counter attack. No matter what happens, if we win our games, we win the league, end of discussion! Irrespective of Ronny and Johnny, we still should have enough on the park to beat anyone......even with a 10 man defence!

As for the Scottish Media, I thought you were bigger than that, to comment on their drivel. Been this way for years and it ain't gooing to stop any time soon!

Hail! Hail!

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:40 pm

When is our club going to address the blatant bending of rules to suit sevco and other matters?

Kiwibhoy

Postby Kiwibhoy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:09 pm

As the Bible says, "money is the answer to everything"! And also ... could someone remind us what the Glasgow Celtic way is?

As this piece from the BBC highlights why Scottish football as a whole is struggling ...
[URL:9e7f73f5]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29626776[/URL:9e7f73f5]

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:20 am

I think the point is that despite beating them home and away, as you point out, they are still above us in the league which shows their form - take those 6 points off us and add them to Aberdeen and we'd be really struggling! I think the media is just doing their job.

Return to “CSA News”