Kick-Off changes at short notice.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Kick-Off changes at short notice.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:21 pm

I think it is very clear that the preferred kick-off time for matches is 3’clock on a Saturday afternoon; I also understand that because of contractual obligations the TV Company will demand change from time to time, which unfortunately for Celtic supporters is almost every single away match, and five home matches.

Over the last few years I have met with the SFA and SPL/SPFL with regards to moving kick-off times, and the biggest bug was always about the short notice given; now the club has fallen into the same trap by moving the Hamilton match.

I am pretty sure that the consensus of opinion would be pretty even on whether we should kick-off at 1pm or 3pm, particularly as the majority of our support reside in West/Central Scotland, well at least that’s the feedback I have had over the weekend., but the club should have not moved the match at such short notice, and without full consultation with as many of the support as possible.

I think it should be relatively simple to have a poll on what supporters preferences are with regard to kick-off times, I think that it is something we should be looking to conduct over the next few days, I will certainly be consulting our members for the CSA stance on it.

Return to “CSA News”