Mc Innes moaning, no surprise there.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Mc Innes moaning, no surprise there.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:20 am

It came as no surprise to hear Derek Mc Innes moaning after his latest defeat against Celtic, i can’t remember him ever being complimentary about Celtic, but then again, as a former player of a former team who no longer exist, he is not alone in his anti-Celtic opinions.

I thought we were worthy of our victory on Saturday. The first hour was very good; and we dominated the match without taking advantage of our superiority. There were good displays from Craig Gordon, and Virgil and Jason at the heart of our defence; and Kris was back to his best playing in the hole.

The most pleasing display on Saturday for me came with the appearance of Scott Brown, we have really missed his drive and commitment in our midfield, the downside is we don’t seem to have another captain who shows the same passion.

(I had the pleasure yesterday of attending the John Thomson Memorial Football Tournament in Cardenden, Broony volunteered to come along to represent the club; and was an outstanding ambassador, he presented every trophy, signed every autograph, and obliged with a smile all those who wanted a picture with him.)

But back to Mc Innes and Saturday. The accusations of Racism made by Shay Logan against Aleksandar Tonev are very serious indeed. If Tonev is proved to be guilty he should be rightly and appropriately punished. But on the other hand, if he is proved to be innocent, then Logan should be rightly and appropriately punished.

Mc Innes also complained on TV about the decision not to award Aberdeen a penalty when the ball struck Kris Commons on the hand/arm, the two experts agreed with the referee that it was not a penalty, but Mc Innes has already cast aspersions about the referee’s ability without recourse.

On Saturday the Aberdeen bench were very animated; on several occasions they tried to put pressure on the Linesman and Fourth Official without success, but it will work for them sometimes, and they’ll get a decision which they didn’t merit.

There is a strange circumstance in Scottish Football whereby there is no official edict on which side of the half-way line the home dug-out should be situated. Our dug-out is obviously on the side away from the linesman, over at the home of Sevco, their dug-out is on the same side as the linesman; i think you’ll find it’s the same with the top teams in England.

The thing is, if you are on the same side as the linesman and in his ear all during the game, there is every possibility that eventually the linesman will succumb to the pressure and give decisions which are contentious to say the least. I have already made this point to people at Celtic.

The victory on Saturday will give the team a timely boost for the trip to play Salzburg on Thursday night, we need a good display in Europe, and although i am not a fan of the Europa League; it’s where we are and i want to progress as far as possible; hopefully right to the final in Warsaw.

So good luck to Ronny and the Bhoys, bring us back a victory, I’m sure Derek Mc Innes will be cheering us on.

Re: Mc Innes moaning, no surprise there.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:03 pm

As a Celtic Supporter but also a professional referee ( I know...funny combination!) I would have to concede that the Commons handling of the ball should have been a penalty. However it wasn't given, if it was who is to say that it would have been converted? Aberdeen are drawing a long bow by saying that it would have levelled the scores and then they would have gone on to win LOL. They still had to score it if it was given so to sat it cost them the match is a bit rich! Anyway to balance things up Celtic should also have had a penalty when Commons was pushed over in the box going for a cross, that was actually more of a penalty than the hand ball as it did deny a good goal scoring opportunity. Celtic did ride there luck in this game, the goals were quite lucky and a bit iffy I thought, but at least we can say that they were the result of the enormous pressure that we were imposing on the Aberdeen defence. Celtic played the better football, created more chances and deserved to win in the end.

It came as no surprise to hear Derek Mc Innes moaning after his latest defeat against Celtic, i can’t remember him ever being complimentary about Celtic, but then again, as a former player of a former team who no longer exist, he is not alone in his anti-Celtic opinions.

I thought we were worthy of our victory on Saturday. The first hour was very good; and we dominated the match without taking advantage of our superiority. There were good displays from Craig Gordon, and Virgil and Jason at the heart of our defence; and Kris was back to his best playing in the hole.

The most pleasing display on Saturday for me came with the appearance of Scott Brown, we have really missed his drive and commitment in our midfield, the downside is we don’t seem to have another captain who shows the same passion.

(I had the pleasure yesterday of attending the John Thomson Memorial Football Tournament in Cardenden, Broony volunteered to come along to represent the club; and was an outstanding ambassador, he presented every trophy, signed every autograph, and obliged with a smile all those who wanted a picture with him.)

But back to Mc Innes and Saturday. The accusations of Racism made by Shay Logan against Aleksandar Tonev are very serious indeed. If Tonev is proved to be guilty he should be rightly and appropriately punished. But on the other hand, if he is proved to be innocent, then Logan should be rightly and appropriately punished.

Mc Innes also complained on TV about the decision not to award Aberdeen a penalty when the ball struck Kris Commons on the hand/arm, the two experts agreed with the referee that it was not a penalty, but Mc Innes has already cast aspersions about the referee’s ability without recourse.

On Saturday the Aberdeen bench were very animated; on several occasions they tried to put pressure on the Linesman and Fourth Official without success, but it will work for them sometimes, and they’ll get a decision which they didn’t merit.

There is a strange circumstance in Scottish Football whereby there is no official edict on which side of the half-way line the home dug-out should be situated. Our dug-out is obviously on the side away from the linesman, over at the home of Sevco, their dug-out is on the same side as the linesman; i think you’ll find it’s the same with the top teams in England.

The thing is, if you are on the same side as the linesman and in his ear all during the game, there is every possibility that eventually the linesman will succumb to the pressure and give decisions which are contentious to say the least. I have already made this point to people at Celtic.

The victory on Saturday will give the team a timely boost for the trip to play Salzburg on Thursday night, we need a good display in Europe, and although i am not a fan of the Europa League; it’s where we are and i want to progress as far as possible; hopefully right to the final in Warsaw.

So good luck to Ronny and the Bhoys, bring us back a victory, I’m sure Derek Mc Innes will be cheering us on.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:55 pm

No mention of Commons getting pushed just as he was just about to head it eh

New bhoy

Postby New bhoy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:39 pm

Funny enough he is still moaning after the home game on November 9th .
It's a pity that boy , who he has got to know well, Logan , and is such a
lovely boy blackened his copy book after the game . Did he think Tonev
was standing behind the fourth official?
I thought Celtic did very well in the game itself after the tough game on
Thursday and long game home on Friday . I have read on other threads
that Celtic struggled in the last fifteen minutes of games . Certainly no
evidence yesterday and not only were Celtic able to impose themselves
after Ref Muir and former Celt Maginn joined up to dismiss Brown harshly
after 81 mins , but the whole Celtic team showed great energy in getting the
winner and joining Deila in a prolonged victory celebration .

Return to “CSA News”