Congratulations Bhoys, pity there was no Lap of Honour.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Congratulations Bhoys, pity there was no Lap of Honour.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Congratulations to Lenny and all the Bhoys for winning three Scottish Premier League in a row. They did it with some style, breaking some records on the way, with possibly more to come.

I enjoyed last night’s match, although it was a bit nervy in the first half after Stokesy scored, we settled down in the second half and ran out very comfortable winners, I was impressed once again with young Liam Henderson.

The downside of last night’s victory was the selfish actions of some of our fans invading the pitch and depriving the rest of the supporters and the team the opportunity of having a Lap of Honour.

In some ways I understand the young kids who are very excited, but it seems to be older fans, not teenagers who are encouraging the rest. I mean they were actually singing that they were going on the pitch about fifteen minutes before the end of the game, so what the stewards could do about stopping it; I’m not sure.

Why don’t you step back Bhoys and Ghirls and let us all give the team the ovation they deserve as they walk slowly around the park, I don’t think you will see that type of pitch invasion at any of the major teams in Europe when they win the respective Leagues.

We are in a good place right now as a club. We have a very good team which hopefully we can keep together for at least another couple of seasons. I like the players that came to us in January, I have been delighted with Stefan Johansen and I believe Leigh Griffiths will score plenty of goals when he settles in properly. And as young Liam has shown we have quality in our youth system.

I sincerely hope we can continue undefeated for the rest of the season; that will be a challenge; as the teams we meet after the split will be fighting for the European places, and three of them will also be chasing the Scottish Cup.

Our Cup and European form is certainly two things we need to improve next season, we were very disappointing in Europe after reaching the group stages of the Champions League, and the defeat at home to Morton in the League Cup was definitely the low point of the season.
So once again well done to Lenny and all the players and staff, long may it continue.

Always have been, always will be, Celtic Football Club.

Return to “CSA News”