CQN deserves great credit.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

CQN deserves great credit.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:42 am

Great victory on Friday night down at Kilmarnock, I wasn’t down there, and there were two reasons for that. Firstly I haven’t been back to Kilmarnock since their Chairman abstained in the vote to parachute Sevco into the SPL. And secondly because I was invited to Celtic Quick News’s Tenth Anniversary Event in the Kerrydale Suite at Celtic Park.

I’m not normally a big fan of Blogging Sites, but I am a big fan of CQN as it is more commonly known, and the main reason for that is the magnificent work they do in raising money for worthy causes.

The first major appeal they did was the “Bring Martin Home Appeal” which was about Martin Kane who lives in Perth Australia; he was paralysed from the neck down and was stuck in hospital away from his family.

The target was exceptionally high, around £50,000 was required to adapt the family home to make it possible for Martin to live at home, I don’t think anybody thought it was achievable, but lo and behold, not only was it achieved, but it was actually surpassed.

CQN also played a major part in raising funds to help with the Cancer treatment for five year old Oscar Knox, little Oscar suffered from Neuroblastoma; about £250,000 was needed for the treatment. As we know, the money was raised and little Oscar is doing great, which is absolutely brilliant.

The latest project taken on by the CQN Bhoys, is to raise funds to provide Kitchens for the distribution of Mary’s Meals in Malawi, I believe up until now they have provided funds for three schools, and are hoping to help fund more.

Great credit must go to Paul Brennan and his fellow CQNer’s, they carry on the work first started by Brother Walfrid in the East End of Glasgow, now it is work which affects people globally. The Celtic Fans have always rallied to the cause of those less fortunate in this world, I’m sure we will continue to do so.

So to all of you who have given freely of your time, and has put your hand in your pocket, I give you thanks and encourage you to continue to do so. Your hard work and kindness is greatly appreciated.

Hoopy St Patrick’s Day to one and all.

Return to “CSA News”