Different Kettle, Same Outcome

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Different Kettle, Same Outcome

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:46 pm

I see some of our worthy journalists are still maintaining that Rangers are still the same club with the same history. Some like Hugh Keevins are intent on stirring up the dislike that already exists between Rangers and other clubs in Scotland, particularly in the Premier League.

According to him, the first time Celtic play Rangers in a match, the bloodbath will require UN peacekeeping forces, and the casualties will be numerous, I actually think he might be right there, but he doesn’t have to keep mentioning the point.

I have always believed if the SFA and the SPL had acted honestly and decisively at the correct time, the situation would be a bit calmer now. Instead what they did by their inaction was to throw the blame on the other clubs and their supporters.

Why did they do a deal that stated Rangers could keep the history? How can any company go into liquidation and still be the same company? I don’t think there are any comparisons anywhere else on football.

The kettle in my house went on the blink on Friday, it was a silver 2 litre Morphy Richards kettle, we’ve had it a few years, so it just became unworkable. On Saturday we bought a new kettle, a silver 2 litre Morphy Richards kettle.

Now the new kettle sits in the same place in the kitchen, its plugged into the same power source in the kitchen, it’s filled from the same cold water tap in the kitchen, it boils the water in the exact same way as the previous kettle, but its “NOT THE SAME KETTLE”.

Now if the SFA and SPL had explained that logic to Rangers, and told them that’s how it works, then maybe we would be in a better place today.
On a more sombre note. This Saturday we hold our Annual Memorial Mass for deceased Celtic Supporters; and their Families and Friends. The Mass will be celebrated in St Michael’s RC Church, Parkhead, commencing at 12:30pm.

We would cordially invite everyone who can manage to come along; you will be made most welcome. After Mass, refreshments will be available in the Church Hall. I think it’s important at this time of the year to pay our respects to our forefathers, as we enter our 126th year of unbroken history, we owe them much.

Finally, there is a Q & A in the Columba Club, Blantyre at 8pm on Friday night; the proceeds are for the Lourdes Fund. The panel will consist of Paul Brennan, Paul Mc Conville, and Phil Mac Giollabhain, the compere is Phil Agnew, should be a good night.

Return to “CSA News”